
Unbelievable Highland Views in Skardu, Pakistan: Photos You Won't Believe!
Unbelievable Highland Views in Skardu: Honestly, the Photos Don't Lie! (And Other Ramblings)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to dive deep into Unbelievable Highland Views in Skardu, Pakistan. Forget the glossy hotel brochures, I'm talking real talk. This ain't just a review; it's a journey. (And, yes, I will sprinkle in some SEO keywords, but let’s be real, it's about the vibe.)
First Impressions: The View. Oh. My. God.
Let's get the obvious out of the way: the views. The photos? Yeah, they're good. But the real deal? They're stunning. Like, jaw-dropping, "I need a moment to process this beauty" kind of stunning. Imagine waking up to the snow-capped Karakoram range, the sun painting the peaks in hues you didn't even know existed. Yeah, that's pretty much the daily grind here. I mean, seriously, you could live on that view alone. (And maybe you'd want to, given how amazing it is.)
Accessibility & Getting There: A Bit of an Adventure (But Worth It!)
Okay, let’s be honest: Skardu isn’t exactly a hop, skip, and a jump away. Getting there is part of the adventure. The hotel, thankfully, does offer airport transfer. Thank God, because driving yourself after a long flight isn't something I fancy. As for accessibility for those with mobility issues… ummmm… that's where things get a little… murky. They mention "Facilities for disabled guests," but specifics are lacking. I’d recommend contacting the hotel directly and asking specific questions about wheelchair accessibility throughout the property, including the restaurant, pool, and any possible walking paths. They do have an elevator, so that's a plus.
The Room: Your Highland Haven (Most Likely)
Let's talk rooms. I stayed in a room with a view, naturally. And it was everything you could hope for: Air conditioning to beat the sunny glow, a comfy bed (with **extra long bed" options), and a *seating area* to collapse in after a day of adventuring. Plenty of complimentary tea to sip while staring out into the mountains. The bathrobes were fluffy, the slippers were… well, slippers. A welcome touch. There was free Wi-Fi, which, thank god because that's a necessity. I also appreciate the in-room ironing facilities.
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe & Sound
I’ve got to say, I felt safe. Lots of little details, like CCTV in common areas and outside the property and 24-hour security, is a win. They also have fire extinguishers and smoke alarms. They also seem to take hygiene seriously, with hand sanitizers everywhere. Plus points for that as well. They also had anti-viral cleaning products that reassured me. You can also opt out of the room sanitization, if you're concerned. Now that's transparency
Dining & Drinking: Fueling Up for Adventure (or Relaxation!)
The restaurants at Unbelievable Highland Views are pretty good, and the Asian cuisine is a definite highlight. Breakfast was a buffet and a pretty standard affair. Coffee was available, but nothing to write home about. There’s a coffee shop for those that need a serious caffeine fix. They also have a poolside bar, if you want to grab a drink while appreciating the view. There is also a vegetarian restaurant with other alternative meal arrangement options.
Things to Do (Beyond Just Gazing at the Mountains!)
Okay, so you're not just going to sit around staring at the view all day, right? (Although, honestly, I could get behind that plan.) Here's the good stuff:
- Pool with View: Yes, you can swim with that spectacular backdrop. I spent a solid afternoon just floating and soaking it all in. Pure bliss. Really.
- Fitness Center: Burn off those buffet calories! Never bothered. Too busy taking pictures of the mountains.
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: I didn't get a chance to try any of them. But, they're there, and they look promising.
- Massage: After a day of hiking, I'm sure this would be amazing, but… I'm a cheapskate.
The Quirks, the Mishaps, and the Honest Truth
So it wasn’t all perfect.
- The Internet: While they advertise Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, the speed wasn't blazing fast. It works, but don't expect to stream HD movies.
- The Staff: On the whole, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, but there were moments where a little more training on English would have been appreciated.
- The Amenities, for lack of a better word: I was a bit disappointed by the lack of body scrub, body wrap, and foot bath options. A serious missed opportunity.
The Verdict: Should You Go? YES! (But Manage Your Expectations)
Unbelievable Highland Views is a must-visit if you're heading to Skardu. The views alone are worth the trip, and the hotel offers a comfortable basecamp for exploring some of the most beautiful scenery the world has to offer. Just don't expect absolute perfection. This is Pakistan, after all. Embrace the adventure, the imperfections, and the sheer unbelievable beauty around you.
- Pro Tip: Pack some good walking shoes, a camera with a decent zoom lens, and a sense of adventure. You'll need them both.
My Offer for You: Book Now & Get a Free Mountain Sunrise (Just Kidding…Kind Of!)
Okay, here's the deal: Book your stay at Unbelievable Highland Views through a reputable booking website (search for "Unbelievable Highland Views Skardu" and check prices for yourself). Tell me you're going, and I will provide a list of the must-see locations near the hotel. Do it! You won't regret it.
Escape to Paradise: San Pedro Hotel & Suites LA - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your polished, perfectly-grammatical travel itinerary. This is real life (ish), Highland View Skardu style. Prepare for tangents, questionable decisions, and maybe a little bit of altitude sickness-induced existential dread.
Highland View Skardu: Operation "Survive and Thrive (Maybe)"
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Altitude Adjustment (and the Tea Incident)
- Morning (ish): Landed at Skardu Airport. Holy moly, the mountains! Pictures DO NOT do this place justice. Seriously, I swear I gasped when I saw the landscape. The air, though… thin. Already feeling like I ran a marathon, and I’ve just walked from the baggage claim.
- Transportation: Pre-booked a jeep through a local tour operator. It's, shall we say, rustic. Think "vintage Land Cruiser with questionable suspension" kind of rustic. The driver, Rashid, is a legend though. He offered me the mandatory welcome tea– a strong, milky thing. That's where the incident happened… I swear! I'm not sure if the tea was too hot, or the altitude already messing with my brain, but I spilled half of it on my own lap. Rashid just chuckled and handed me some tissues (bless him). Then we headed to Highland View Hotel.
- Hotel/Accommodation: Highland View. It's… well, let's call it "charming". The view from the room? Spectacular! I could get used to that. The WiFi, however, seems to be perpetually on vacation somewhere in the Himalayas.
- Afternoon: The whole afternoon dedicated to acclimatizing. Literally just sitting, trying not to overexert myself. This is harder than it sounds, because everything seems to be slightly uphill here. Ate a very basic lunch (rice and some kind of stew) at the hotel restaurant. The guy at the front desk told me to drink a ton of water. Said I looked a bit like a "dried-up raisin." Rude, but probably accurate.
- Evening: Sunsets here are… chefs kiss. Worth every second of the travel time. Wandered (slowly) around the hotel grounds, took a few terrible photos of the sunset, and then collapsed in my bed. Hoping I don't wake up at 3 AM with a splitting headache (altitude sickness, here I come).
Day 2: Shangrila Resort and the Case of the Missing Chapati
- Morning: Woke up feeling… okay! Victory! Had breakfast at the hotel. They had these amazing parathas (fried flatbread) that were calling my name…but, uh… I only got one. Because someone, I'm looking at you, Mr. Rashid, ate both of the extra ones before I could get to them. Grrrr.
- Activity/Excursion: Trip to Shangrila Resort. Let me tell you, driving to Shangrila… it’s scenic! It’s also a long, bumpy ride. We made it to the resort, lake, and it’s stunning. Like, proper "photos don't do it justice" stunning. The color of the lake is this unreal turquoise. Walked around the lake, took even more bad photos, and then took a boat ride. I may or may not have screamed a little when the boat rocked (I'm a city girl, okay?).
- Lunch: Lunch at the resort restaurant. The food was delicious, but I was too distracted by the view and trying not to fall in the lake to properly savor it.
- Afternoon: More exploring around the lake. Some locals were playing cricket, and I tried to learn a bit about the game. They were very patient with my terrible attempts. Watched the sunset from a different angle this time. It was somehow even better.
- Evening: Back at the hotel, exhausted and slightly sunburnt. Tried to order room service but the menu was a bit confusing, ended up with a simple dinner of roti and curry which turned out was just perfect. Had a long call back home to ease my emotions, and slept like a log.
Day 3: Deosai Plains and the Yaks of Doom (and a Mild Panic Attack)
- Morning: The real adventure begins! Today we tackle the Deosai Plains – famously known as the "Land of Giants". This is the day I've been both dreading and anticipating the most. Packing light, layering up—because the weather up there is as changeable as my mood! I mean, you'll be in a jeep and you'll feel like you are flying!
- Transportation: Packed up the jeep, and had a quick brekky, before we headed to the plains. Rashid, bless his heart, makes sure we have plenty of snacks and water. I hope he has a first-aid kit.
- Activity/Excursion: Driving up to Deosai is a journey in itself. The road is… let’s just say it's not for the faint of heart. Switchbacks, sheer drops, and the occasional yak casually strolling across the road. Speaking of yaks…
- The Yak Encounter: Okay, so there were yaks. Majestic, hairy beasts of the mountains. I thought it would be cute. It was not. One of them got way too close to the jeep. I might have squeaked. I definitely panicked a little. Rashid had a good laugh, but I was convinced the yak was going to flip the car and eat us.
- Emotional Reaction: After the 'Yak Incident' I was ready for the day to be done. I needed a break. My anxiety was through the roof. But the views… the views! They're beyond words. Rolling green hills, wildflowers everywhere (in season, that is!), and the vast, endless sky. It's the kind of beauty that makes you forget your fear (almost).
- Lunch: A simple picnic lunch on the plains. Cold sandwiches and, you guessed it, more bottled water. Finding a private spot for a bathroom break was an adventure in itself!
- Afternoon: More exploring and photo-taking (still getting the hang of it). Eventually, the fear of the yaks wore off. Or maybe I just got used to it. Either way, the raw, untamed beauty of Deosai has stayed with me.
- Evening: Back at the hotel. Dinner, some star-gazing (the sky is incredible here), and crashed again. Long day!
Day 4: Khaplu and the Emotional Waterfall (and the Real Reason for My Tears)
- Morning: Today we travel to Khaplu. We check-out from Highland View and start our journey. The travel time is a long one but it has a very beautiful view along the way. The roads are a bit of a challenge, but they are worth the experience.
- Arrival at Khaplu: Upon our arrival in Khaplu, we checked into our new hotel. The hotel was cute, in the middle of town. Went to the reception and checked-in. After getting settled for a bit, we were ready to get our adventures on.
- Activity/Excursion: Our starting point was Chaqchan Mosque. The mosque was very historical and was well-preserved, with a rich history. It was an awesome experience. After the mosque, we went to the Khaplu Palace. The palace was originally a 19th-century fort and palace. The palace was really beautiful. The palace was also well-maintained and provided a peak inside of the Baltistan region and its culture. We walked into the garden and it was very nice.
- Emotional Reaction: As I reflected on the day, I started to feel a bit emotional. I asked my tour guide why I felt this way. The tour guide responded that I was feeling this way, because I was connecting with my history. The tour guide said that the Balti people had the same ancestry as me (which I didn't know). The tour guide said that Baltistan culture was well-preserved, but I was feeling a sense of mourning, because those cultures have since been erased by the British. This triggered my reaction, because I felt the same thing.
- Evening: After a long day of sight-seeing and some real-life experiences, I ordered some dinner in. After relaxing, I reflected on the whole day, and how I felt. I reflected on the meaning behind it. I was able to come to a better understanding of myself, and my history.
Day 5: Shigar Fort and The Great Farewell
- Morning: Checked out of the hotel, and had a quick breakfast. The morning started with a quick drive to the Shigar fort.
- Activity/Excursion: We went to the Shigar Fort. The fort was a restored fort. The fort was very interesting. The architecture was from a different era, but still so well-preserved. We also visited the museum as well.
- Lunch: After a long morning of sight-seeing, we went to a local restaurant. The food was good, and it was a great experience.
- Afternoon: Did some shopping for souvenirs. Then did some final reflections and took photos.
- Evening: Farewell dinner with Rashid

Unbelievable Highland Views in Skardu, Pakistan: FAQs - Because Let's Be Honest, You're Curious!
Okay, Seriously... Are the Views REALLY as Good as the Pictures? Or Is This Insta-Filter Magic?
Alright, deep breath. Let's be real. Half the time, Instagram is a lie. But Skardu? Skardu is different. Those pictures? They *still* don't do it justice. I’m not kidding. I went there and was like, "Whoa. Woah WOAH. This…this is…a lot." I took a photo of the mountains, and the camera just couldn’t handle the SCALE. You think you know mountains? You haven't met the Karakoram. They literally *tower* over you. It's almost overwhelming. Like, you feel a touch of vertigo from sheer magnificence. My advice? Go. See it. Believe it. And bring a wide-angle lens. You'll still struggle.
What's the Absolute BEST Viewpoint? Spill the Tea!
Oof, that's a tough one. It's like asking me to pick my favorite child... if my children were jaw-dropping mountain ranges. But… I have to say, the *dearest* viewpoint is Deosai. The "Land of Giants." I mean, come ON. (It is quite the distance, I'm not going to lie). I honestly nearly cried (tears of joy, mostly). Being up there, amidst those rolling green hills practically touching the sky, surrounded by wildflowers and the occasional marmot (little furry gremlins!), is surreal. It's pure, unadulterated magic. The air is thin, the sun is intense, and every direction you look is a postcard. *However*... getting there is NOT a walk in the park. It's a bumpy jeep ride. Your kidneys will protest. But, trust me, the view makes it all worthwhile. It's just... wow. I'm getting emotional again, just thinking about it.
Is it Safe to Travel to Skardu? I’ve Heard Rumors…
Okay, this is a fair question. Security is always a valid concern, especially when traveling. I went, and I felt unbelievably safe. There were some incidents reported in the news, but the areas I explored with reliable guides were completely secure. The people are incredibly hospitable. The army presence is strong and, honestly, reassuring. I mean, obviously, always stay aware of your surroundings, listen to local advice, and don't go wandering off into the wilderness alone at night. (Duh.) Do your research beforehand, check travel advisories, and hire a reputable guide/tour operator. And for goodness sake, respect local customs. A bit of common sense goes a long way.
What Should I Pack? (Besides My Jaw That's Gonna Drop Every Five Seconds?)
Okay, packing is KEY. Think layers. The weather changes FAST. One minute you're basking in sunshine, the next you're freezing your, well, you get the idea.
- Comfortable hiking boots. Seriously. You'll be doing a lot of walking, even if you're not planning to climb Everest.
- Warm clothes: Fleece, a good down jacket, gloves, a hat. Even in summer, it gets cold at night and in the mountains.
- Sunscreen! High SPF! The sun is brutal at high altitude. Think lobster-esque sunburn if you're not careful.
- Sunglasses. Essential. The glare off the snow and glaciers is intense.
- A good camera (duh!). And extra batteries. And a charging brick. You can't take amazing photos with a dead phone.
- A first-aid kit. Just in case.
- Cash. ATM access can be spotty. Bring more than you think you'll need. Tip generously.
- Snacks! Trail mix, energy bars, whatever keeps you going. You'll be burning calories like crazy.
- And, this one's personal: anti-diarrheal medicine. Sorry, not sorry, but the food... can be a bit rough. Especially in some of the less-frequented places.
- Finally, a sense of adventure and an open mind. You'll need both.
The Food... Is It Any Good? I'm a Picky Eater.
Okay, let's be honest, the food in Skardu isn't going to win any Michelin stars. It's… hearty. And often a bit… plain. You'll find lots of meat (mostly mutton and chicken), rice, roti (flatbread), and some vegetables. The good news is, the local *momos* (dumplings) are often delicious. And the apricot juice is amazing. The bad news? If you're a vegetarian, your options will be limited. And sometimes the hygiene… well, let's just say it's wise to be careful. Bring some of your favorite snacks too. Don't expect gourmet, expect sustenance. And embrace the experience! You're not there for the food, you're there for the view.
Best Time to Visit? Avoid the Tourist Crowds!
Okay, here comes the tricky part. The "best" time is subjective, but if you want fewer crowds and decent weather, aim for late spring (May-June) or early autumn (September-October). July and August are peak season, and while the weather is generally good, you're battling hordes of other tourists. Plus, prices go up. The off-season (winter) is absolutely stunning. But you'll be dealing with freezing temperatures and potentially impassable roads. Don't even THINK about going off-season without a super experienced guide. Summer is good for most people, as the weather is at its most stable, but it's busier than rush hour on the London Underground, I tell you, and it can be HOT. Choose wisely!
Tell Me About the People! Are They Friendly?
Oh. My. Goodness. The people of Skardu are the NICEST people I have EVER met. Seriously. Their hospitality is legendary. They're incredibly welcoming and will go out of their way to help you. Be prepared for endless cups of tea (and more tea! and probably MORE tea!), genuine smiles, and offers of assistance. They truly make the experience unforgettable. I even had to share my *entire* stash of chocolate biscuits with a family. It was the right thing to do, but I miss those biscuits (sad emoji here). Learn a few basic Urdu phrases ("Shukriya" – thank you – goes a long way!) and be respectful of their culture. You'll be treated like royalty, I swear. And the children are just the sweetest things ever. They'll be begging you to take pictures. Infinity Inns

