Escape to Paradise: Eden Selva's Mountain Majesty Awaits

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Escape to Paradise: Eden Selva's Mountain Majesty Awaits

Escape to Paradise: Eden Selva – My Honest (and Slightly Chaotic) Hotel Review

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Eden Selva, the supposed "Mountain Majesty" that's supposed to whisk you away. And let me tell you, after my recent stay, I've got thoughts. This isn't your perfectly-polished hotel review; this is the real deal, warts and all, because let's be honest, who needs perfection when you can have… well, something else entirely?

First Impressions (and the Steep Climb):

The name, "Eden Selva," promises… well, Eden. And the mountain majesty? Yeah, it’s there, no doubt. The views from the rooms (especially the high floors – more on that later) are legitimately breathtaking. Think jagged peaks kissing the clouds, lush greenery spilling down the slopes… it’s postcard-worthy. So, visually stunning. Keyword, visually.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Honestly

Let’s address the elephant in the room (or, rather, the mountain in the air): Accessibility. The hotel itself claims to be wheelchair-accessible, and technically, the common areas and some rooms are. But here's where things get… a little… "mountainous." The approaches can be brutal. Seriously, if you're pushing a wheelchair up that initial incline, you're gonna need arms of steel and maybe a sherpa. It's not just the road; some pathways within the property are a bit wonky. They try, bless their hearts, but this isn’t exactly flat terrain. They do have an elevator, which is a good thing, and the facilities for disabled guests are there. Just… be prepared. Do your research, call them, and ask specific questions about access to different areas before you commit.

Inside the Fortress (and Its Quirks):

The rooms are a bit of a mixed bag. I'm talking here about Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

I lucked out and got a room on a high floor, which meant unbelievable views. Seriously, I could've sat on that balcony all day drinking the complimentary tea! The blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in… when I wasn't wrestling with the wonky lock on the door, or trying to decipher the ancient plumbing. (The bathtub, while lovely, took approximately 45 minutes to fill.) The Wi-Fi [free] was mostly reliable, unlike the Internet access – LAN, which I couldn't figure out at all. Thank goodness for the Wi-Fi in all rooms!*

Food, Glorious (and Sometimes Confusing) Food:

Let's talk about food. Dining, drinking, and snacking It’s a whole thing at Eden Selva. They've got a bunch of restaurants – Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant… and honestly, it's all a bit… overwhelming.

  • The Asian Restaurant: Okay, this was a highlight. The food was delicious, the service was attentive (the waitstaff were lovely), and the Asian breakfast was a revelation. I strongly, highly recommend the sushi.

  • The Buffet: The buffet was… standard. Breakfast [buffet] was okay, your usual mix of Western and Asian stuff. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was surprisingly good. The Desserts in restaurant, however, were mostly… forgettable. I think it was after the third plate of the day I decided to find another restaurant.

  • Room Service (24-hour): Pure gold. When I just wanted to hide in my room (and the 24-hour Room service was a life-saver) and had the Soup in restaurant, while reading and looking out at the view.

  • The Poolside Bar: This place? Absolute chaos. Poolside bar was good for Happy hour, but it was often understaffed and the cocktails were hit-or-miss. Sometimes, you got a masterpiece; other times, you got a slightly watered-down sugar bomb.

  • Other Options: There’s a Snack bar where you can get a sandwich, Bottle of water, and get a snack, but again, it wasn't really a focus.

Spa Days and Relaxation: My Heaven, Briefly Torn Aside

Okay, the Spa had potential. Big, big potential. Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom seemed promising. After a hard day, I decided to splurge on that Body scrub.

The massage was… okay. I've had better, I've had worse. The facilities were lovely – the Pool with view was gorgeous, a great place to lose yourself. I spent a fair amount of time just lounging next to the Swimming pool [outdoor] and watching the world go by. This was the peak.

Cleanliness, Safety, and That Feeling of Being Cared For:

Now, let's talk about the elephant in the room (again, not that they're actually in the room, thankfully): Covid-19. Look, I’m a germaphobe at the best of times, so I was watching this like a hawk. They do make an effort. There’s Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff wore masks. They've invested in Anti-viral cleaning products, which is reassuring. Daily disinfection in common areas. Rooms sanitized between stays. However, I was wary of the Cashless payment service. However, all of that was good. It gave a certain level of safety and protection.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Bits and Bobs:

They offer a bunch of services. The Concierge was helpful. There’s a Convenience store. Laundry service and Dry cleaning. They’ve got a Gift/souvenir shop. And various other bits and bobs. It's helpful! There are also Business facilities, and Meeting/banquet facilities.

For the Kids: Not my Area of Expertise, But…

I didn’t have any kids with me, but they do have Babysitting service and seem to be Family/child friendly.

Getting Around: That Awkward Trek

Here’s the deal. Airport transfer? They offer it. Taxi service? Yep. Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Valet parking. The best thing you can wish for? You get to drive in, in your own car, when you want, but the road can be tricky.

The Verdict (and My Chaotic Recommendation):

Look, Eden Selva isn't perfect. It's a little rough around the edges. There are moments when you'll want to scream at the wonky plumbing, question the cocktail consistency, and wonder if they'll ever fix that broken elevator button.

But… there's also something undeniably charming about it. The views are stunning. The staff, despite the challenges, are lovely. And when you're lying by that pool, sipping a (sometimes questionable) cocktail, watching the sun set over those mountains… it's pretty darn magical.

Here’s my advice:

  • Embrace the imperfections. This isn’t a sterile, cookie-cutter hotel. It's got character, warts and all.
  • Pack your patience. Things might not always go smoothly. Roll with it.
  • Book a high-floor room with a view. It's worth it.
  • Explore the Asian restaurant. Trust me.
  • Ask tons of questions about access if you need it.
  • Don't be afraid to complain (politely). They do try to help.

My Offer: Your Escape Begins Now!

Tired of the Ordinary? Craving Adventure?

Escape to Paradise: Eden Selva's Mountain Majesty Awaits!

Here's What You Get:

  • Unparalleled Views: Wake up to breathtaking mountain vistas every morning. Your Instagram feed will thank you.
  • Spa Bliss: Indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments amidst the tranquility of the mountains.
  • Culinary Adventures: Explore diverse dining options, from authentic Asian cuisine to poolside snacks.
  • Adventure and Relaxation: Hike scenic trails
Unbelievable Melbourne Getaway: Burvale Hotel's Secret Revealed!

Book Now

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my chaotic, imperfect, gloriously messy week at the Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva in Selva di Val Gardena, Italy. Consider this less a pristine itinerary and more… a diary written in the throes of a post-apres-ski sugar rush.

Day 1: Arrival & Altitude-Induced Giggles (and a near-disaster)

  • Morning (or what felt like it after an alarm at 4 AM): Arrived in Bolzano airport, Italy. Let's just say after a long flight + rental car, already feeling the altitude. I was so ready to leave the cramped plane seat. Our car was tiny-- like, a particularly pathetic sardine tin on wheels -- and thankfully, the drive to Selva was stunningly beautiful. The Dolomites punched me in the face with postcard perfection. Gosh, Italy is… amazing. I feel like I am inside of a movie.
  • Afternoon: Checked into the Eden Selva. The lobby? Chic, woody, and smelling faintly of pine and expensive perfume, which is pretty much my ideal scent profile. The room? Majestic! I mean the view! The view from my balcony… I almost burst into tears. (Seriously, I think it was the altitude talking). Unpacked quickly, I was so tired from all the travelling and already looking forward to grabbing some dinner.
  • Evening: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Oh, the food! The bread basket alone could have qualified as a religious experience. That said, someone (me) managed to spill an entire glass of Pinot Grigio all over the white tablecloth. mortified! I swear, my clumsy moments always happen in public. Thankfully, the staff were lovely, which made things a little less mortifying – and that bread, it was divine! Afterwards, collapsed into bed, already dreaming of ski slopes and… hopefully, not more wine-related incidents.

Day 2: Skiing… and Falling… and Crying (a Little)

  • Morning: Rented skis. I'm not a terrible skier, but let's just say I’m not exactly shredding powder like a pro. The slopes were glistening under the sun. But oh, the cold!! This is Italy and I was freezing. I was trying to keep up in a more advanced group of friends.
  • Afternoon: The first run was a triumph! The second? Not so much. I ate snow… repeatedly. I fell in the middle of a run, and my skis went flying. It was a slow, humiliating tumble. Okay, okay, I admit it: I shed a tear or two. Skiing is harder than it looks!
  • Evening: Needed comfort food. Ate way too much pizza. The hotel's spa was a life-saver! I used the sauna to relax. Amazing. Feeling happy, and ready to try another day.

Day 3: The Perfect Hike & A Questionable Adventure

  • Morning: Decided to go for a hike. I asked one of the hotel staff, for some "easy" hikes nearby. They recommended a particular trail. (Spoiler: It was NOT easy for this out-of-shape city dweller).
  • Afternoon: Made it. The views from this trail were genuinely breathtaking. The perfect kind of crisp air, and I was truly stunned. The hike itself was tough but I was so proud of myself.
  • Evening: My friends and I went to a local pub. It was dark, cozy, and filled with locals speaking a language I don’t understand. I was feeling brave, so I ordered some schnapps (I think). The staff were very confused. Did I accidentally order the strongest drink on the menu!?!

Day 4: Avalanche Safety and Epic Fails

  • Morning: Decided to join an avalanche safety course. I am so out of my depth here… but then again, that's the fun of it!
  • Afternoon & Evening: The rest of the day was a blur of avalanche drills. I learned more than I wanted about avalanches, but nothing prepared me for… the after-ski party. I didn't end up going back to the hotel until the next day!

Day 5: Doppelgangers and Deliciousness

  • Morning: Woke up feeling great. Was it the adrenaline? No. More like a pizza-induced hangover.
  • Afternoon: Decided to wander around the town. At some point, another woman stared at me for an extended time. I saw a photo of her and… honestly, the resemblance was uncanny. Am I living in a multiverse?
  • Evening: Went to a restaurant. Amazing meal, as usual. I had to resist the urge of ordering a fourth plate of pasta.

Day 6: Farewell Skiing, Farewell Dolomites (and a deep-seated sadness)

  • Morning: One last ski session. I did… okay. I didn't fall much this time.
  • Afternoon: Time to pack and say farewell. I was starting to feel really sad. The Dolomites had gotten under my skin.
  • Evening: Our last meal was a bittersweet joy. I ate my weight in pasta, drank a final glass of wine, and tried to memorize every last detail of the room.

Day 7: The Return

  • Morning: Woke up, packed the last of my stuff, and went downstairs for one last breakfast.
  • Afternoon: Goodbye Italy. Goodbye Dolomites. Goodbye Eden Selva. My heart ached! I'd promised myself I wouldn't be emotional, but I was close to bursting into tears.
  • Evening: Back home! I am exhausted but happy.

Final Thoughts (aka My Rambling Conclusion):

Italy, you beautiful, chaotic, slightly-expensive-but-totally-worth-it place. Selva di Val Gardena, you were the perfect base. The Eden Selva? Absolutely magical. It wasn't perfect. Nothing ever is. But that's what made it perfect for me. I laughed, I cried, I ate enough cheese to single-handedly bankrupt a small dairy farm. I also had the time of my life. So, yeah, Italy, I’ll be back. And next time, I promise to be less clumsy… maybe. Maybe not.

Style Central Bucharest: Romania's Hottest Fashion Hub? You HAVE to See This!

Book Now

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena ItalyOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the glorious, slightly chaotic, and utterly captivating world of Eden Selva's Mountain Majesty. Forget your perfectly polished travel blogs – this is the real deal. And yes, I'm talking about getting away from it all. I mean, REALLY getting AWAY. Let's get messy with these frequently asked...ish questions:

1. Eden Selva: Sounds…expensive. Can a broke traveler *actually* swing it? My bank account is currently whimpering.

Okay, *deep breath*. Listen, the marketing materials? They're gorgeous, all sprawling vistas and infinity pools. And yeah, *some* aspects are a bit…premium. (Let's just say I didn't exactly find the "budget-friendly" option advertised on the brochure. I think my flight was more expensive. Still, if you time things right – think *way* off-season, maybe even the shoulder season, and you're willing to *really* explore the local deals – yes. You *can* do it. (I'm talking packing your own damn snacks and drinking tap water kind of broke here, alright?). The food...well, let's just say I once ate a pineapple for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. (Amazing, though). The key is to embrace the adventure of *finding* the deals. Don't go expecting a free drink card!

2. The website talks about "Mountain Majesty." Is it, like, *really* mountainous? Because I get winded climbing stairs.

Oh, honey, you're going to need a spare lung. Seriously. “Mountain Majesty” is not an exaggeration. It's a *warning*. Everything is uphill. *Everything*. My calves are still screaming. And that "easy hike" they advertised? Let me tell you, I thought I was going to die. I swear I saw a hummingbird, and it looked at me with pity. (True story!). So, yes, it's mountainous. Come prepared to embrace vertigo, embrace the burn, and embrace the constant feeling of being slightly out of breath. Or maybe just stick to the patio. (I judged this option as well.)

3. Okay, adventure sounds cool, but what if I get lost? I have a terrible sense of direction. (And my phone’s always dead.)

Listen, getting lost is *part of the charm*...ish. You’ll find yourself on trails that literally disappear. My advice? Embrace it. (And maybe bring a compass and a friend who isn't as directionally challenged as a drunken sloth.) The locals are ridiculously friendly (and sometimes a little…confused by tourists), and most folks speak at least *some* English. I got lost trying to find my way to the "authentic village" and ended up in… well, I'm still not quite sure where I was. But I ended up at an amazing little cafe with the best passion fruit juice of my LIFE. So, good things can come from getting lost. Just maybe, you know, tell someone where you're going. And charge your goddamn phone. I'm still not sure how I ended up at a coffee farm, but it was gorgeous.

4. Food: What's the deal? I'm a picky eater. (And I need my coffee.)

Alright, picky eaters, here’s the truth: the food is *amazing*, but... it's also...different. Expect fruits you've never seen, spices you can’t pronounce, and maybe… a bit of a culinary adventure. I'm talking trying things you’ve *never* considered putting in your mouth. That *said*, if you're a coffee fiend, you're set. The coffee in Eden Selva is divine, seriously. I had to stop myself from buying the entire coffee farm. My tastebuds were alive! Local coffee places are often more authentic than the bigger resorts, so go with the flow. The best part? Everyone is ready to help. You'll even get to see how the coffee beans are roasted.

5. The wildlife looks incredible. Is it…dangerous? Will I get eaten? (Be honest.)

Okay, let's be real. You *might* see some creepy crawlies. I did encounter a rather large spider in my room (I’m still not over it). Just remember a quick squish is the easiest solution. Snakes are possible. Bears? Probably not. Your biggest enemy is likely going to be your own clumsy self on those treacherous trails. Respect the animals, keep your distance, and for heaven's sake, *don't feed the monkeys*. That is what I learned the hard way (and I wasn't bitten!)

6. What about the people? Are they friendly? What about the language barrier?

Oh, the people. They make the trip what it is. The locals are the warmest, friendliest people I’ve ever met. Seriously. They're incredibly welcoming. I mean, they might stare, but don't be alarmed! That's just curiosity. The language barrier can be a hurdle, but honestly, a smile and some basic phrases (even horribly mispronounced) go a long, long way. Learning a few basic greetings and thank you’s will make a world of difference. (I’m still working on my pronunciation, though). They'll try to help you and guide you, and they're usually laughing while they do. You'll learn that with a smile, you can ask just about anything. Don't be afraid to look like a fool, just try your best. Trust me.

7. Accommodation: Should I go for the fancy resorts, or is there a more local way to stay?

See, this is where it gets interesting. The resorts? Gorgeous, yes. But they lack soul, in my opinion. That's just my opinion. They're sanitized, predictable, and they completely separate you from the *actual* Eden Selva experience. The local guesthouses and Airbnb-style places are where it's *at*. You’ll find them to be significantly more affordable. And you’ll get a much more authentic experience. Expect quirks. Expect charm. Expect the occasional power outage. (Prepare to be in the dark - this adds to the charm). I stayed in a guesthouse that barely had running water – but the view from my little balcony was worth every single second. So, go local, embrace the imperfections and you will enjoy your trip so much more!

8. What about internet access? Do I need to prepare myself to be completely off the grid? Because, you know, my phone...

Hahaha! Oh, that depends. The major resorts *probably* have decent Wi-Fi. But, the local places? It varies. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Embrace the digital detox. It's actually quite liberating. You'll (hopefully) reconnect with yourself, with nature, and, if you're lucky, with the person youStay Classy Hotels

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy

Mountain Design Hotel Eden Selva Selva di Val Gardena Italy