
Bali's Royal Escape: 1BR Rice Paddies & Private Pool (ZN11)
Okay, buckle up, buttercup! You want a brutally honest, messy, and utterly human review of Bali's Royal Escape: 1BR Rice Paddies & Private Pool (ZN11)? You got it. Forget the sanitized brochures – this is the real deal, a raw dive into what it actually feels like to escape to paradise… or maybe just a slightly less stressful version of your life.
Bali's Royal Escape: ZN11 – The Good, The Bad & The Bloody Beautiful, (and the Endless Mosquitoes)
Let's be real, the name itself promises a level of aspiration that needs to be unpacked. "Royal Escape"? Right, like I'm royalty dodging the paparazzi. But hey, a girl can dream, right? And ZN11 has a lot going for it, even if it's not quite a king's ransom in luxury.
First Impressions: Accessibility, and the Great Staircase Debacle…
Okay, so I'm not exactly running a marathon here, but accessibility? It's something I need to at least consider. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, which is a plus. But I'm also reading the fine print. Elevator? Check. Hopefully. Exterior corridor - hmm, not really a deal-breaker for me but if you are in a wheelchair, you might want to check the exact layout before booking. Which brings me to…the stairs. Oh, the stairs. There are… stairs. Lots of them. And while a Doorman might help with luggage, if mobility is an issue, make absolutely sure you request a room on a lower level. This isn't a dealbreaker but they really should improve accessibility signage with clear pictures of elevators and stairways.
The Room: My Private Oasis (and Mosquito Motel)
Alright, let's get to the juicy bit. Available in all rooms: Air conditioning – Yes! Thank the gods. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – Double Yes! Look, in this day and age, if a place doesn't have solid Wi-Fi, it's a hard pass. The Internet access – wireless was, thankfully, decent. Air conditioning was a lifesaver. The Blackout curtains are essential for sleeping away the afternoon. The Private bathroom, complete with a Separate shower/bathtub, was exactly what I needed. Additional toilet was an unexpected bonus!
Now, for the reality check… the charm of a Bali paradise comes with a high mosquito count. You're going to need mosquito repellent. Lots of it. And bring your own, because I'm not sure if the hotel offered any and I forgot mine! Seriously. They are ruthless. Forget peace, love, and understanding – these things are vicious. You’ve been warned.
The Amenities Buffet: From Pools to Pampering (and Potential Disappointment)
This place is a smorgasbord of activities. I dove in headfirst.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Yes, it was gorgeous. Pool with view? Yep. Infinity edge. Instagram gold. I actually spent a full afternoon just floating, staring at the rice paddies. Utter bliss.
- Spa/sauna, and Spa: Ok, I didn't make it to the Sauna, but I did indulge in a massage. The Massage was…adequate. Not the best I've ever had, not the worst. But hey, back home I pay double the price!
- Fitness center: I'm not a gym person. I walked over there once just to see what was available, and it existed!
- Body scrub & Body wrap: I didn't try it because, honestly, I don't like to be touched, but I saw the pictures of other people who did, and they appeared to have loved it.
Dining: From Buffet Bonanza to Breakfast Blunders
Okay, let's talk food. This is where things get…interesting.
- Breakfast [buffet]: It was alright. There was an Asian breakfast component, which I love—so good. Western breakfast was pretty standard fare. Not a culinary masterpiece, but it got the job done. Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service were cool for those who like it.
- Restaurants: The Restaurants themselves were fine. I did the A la carte in restaurant thing for dinner a few times.
- Poolside bar: The Poolside bar was handy for a quick cocktail after that afternoon, but the service was slow.
- Room service [24-hour]: You should, at least, try it once. Even just for the experience.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitizer Symphony
I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and I was genuinely impressed.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: This is very reassuring.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Double check.
- Hand sanitizer: Yep. Everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed like it.
- Cashless payment service: Bonus!
Things to Do (Beyond the Pool):
- Getting around: There are Airport transfer options. Taxi service, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], and Valet parking
- Things to do: Well, the area is gorgeous. Exploring the rice paddies is a must. Plenty of opportunities for hiking, visiting temples, etc.
The Annoyances (because nothing's perfect):
- Staff: I'm a bit of a loner, so I prefer to be left alone. The staff are lovely people, but sometimes, they are too attentive.
- Internet: The WIFI was good, but there were a few buffering issues while I was streaming movies.
- Price: It is a touch expensive, but, alas, that's Bali.
My Final Verdict and a Compelling Offer (because you came here to book, didn’t you?)
Overall: Bali's Royal Escape ZN11 is a solid choice. It's not perfect, but it has a lot to offer. The private pool is a huge draw, the rooms are comfortable, and the scenery is breathtaking. It's a great place to unwind, de-stress, and forget about the daily grind. Just remember the mosquito repellent.
The Offer (Because You Deserve a Break!):
"Escape the Ordinary & Embrace Paradise! Bali's Royal Escape ZN11 - Get Your Private Pool Escape Today!"
Here's what you get:
- Exclusive early booking discount: Book now and receive 15% off your stay!
- Complimentary welcome cocktail: Kick back with a delicious drink the moment you arrive
- Free daily breakfast: Fuel your adventures with a tasty breakfast that actually is delicious!
Why book now? Because life's too short to wait. Do you really want to go back to your life and not book this trip? Don't let this opportunity pass you by. This offer is limited and is available for a limited time only.
Narcissus: Riyadh's Royal Secret Unveiled!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, messy, and utterly unpredictable adventure that is…Bali. Specifically, that Luxury Royal 1BR Rice Field Pool Villa ZN11 situation. Let's see if my expectations (and my sanity) can survive.
Day 1: Arrival, Existential Dread, and Poolside Bliss (Maybe?)
- 9:00 AM (ish) - Arrival at Denpasar Airport (DPS): Oh god, the humidity. It hits you like a warm, damp blanket, and I already feel like I’m going to wilt. The immigration line? Let’s just say it’s a masterclass in patience. I swear, the guy in front of me was bargaining for a discount on his visa. Hilarious. And terrifying.
- 10:30 AM (hopefully) - Transfer to the Villa: The driver, bless his heart, greeted us with a huge smile and a sign with my name on it. (Bonus points for remembering it wasn't "Mr. Smith"…it seems the travel company got my name right! A win.) The drive was… well, it was an experience. Motorbikes whizzing past like angry bees, colorful shrines dotting the landscape, and traffic that would make even a New Yorker weep. My internal monologue was a frantic mix of "Wow, beautiful!" and "Am I going to die?"
- 12:00 PM - First Glimpse of Paradise (and a potential existential crisis): Okay, the villa is… breathtaking. Seriously. That rice field view? Unreal. The pool? Sparkling. But something hits me as I walk through the open-air living room. This… is a lot. Like, lonely a lot. Am I ready for this level of solitude? Can I survive a week of nothing but my own thoughts and the gentle rustling of rice paddies? (Cue dramatic internal sigh). I order a Bintang, hoping it will quell the impending existential doom.
- 2:00 PM - Pool Time (with a side of mosquito bites): Diving into that pool was pure bliss. The water was the perfect temperature, the sun was warm, the view… I could get used to this. Until a squadron of mosquitos decided I was their personal buffet. I managed to swat away a few, but I’m pretty sure I already have a collection of itchy welts. Note to self: Invest in industrial-strength bug spray.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner Chaos: Dinner at the villa. We ordered a meal from a local restaurant. The food arrived, smelling heavenly. My order was completely wrong. My partner's order, was correct and delicious, which made me both jealous and hangry. The silver lining? The waiter, bless his heart, apologized profusely and offered to fix it. (I devoured some of my partner's meal while I waited, as any hungry human being would).
Day 2: Culture Shock (and a near-disaster with a scooter)
- 8:00 AM - Rice Paddies and a Prayer: Stroll through the rice fields. They're impossibly green and the air is heavy with the scent of… something. I think it’s the irrigation canals. It's pretty, although I’m pretty sure I saw a rat, no matter how beautiful the place is.
- 10:00 AM - Scooter Adventure (or, my potential obituary): We rented a moped. I’ve never driven a scooter before. Big mistake. HUGE. The traffic is insane, the roads are… well, they're not roads, they're more like obstacle courses designed by sadists. After a screeching near-miss with a truck that seemed to materialize out of thin air, I surrendered the driving duties. My partner has been driving for years and I swear he thought it was his duty to scare me half to death.
- 12:00 PM - Temple Visit (finally found my center): Tanah Lot. Stunning. Majestic. Overcrowded. It was beautiful, but the sheer number of people vying for the perfect Instagram shot was… overwhelming. But the temple itself, perched on its rock, was truly awe-inspiring. Watched the sunset, which was magnificent. Found my center. Incredibly proud of myself.
- 3:00 PM - Food! I finally realized that I need to eat. We found a warung, a little family-run restaurant. The nasi goreng was the best thing I’ve ever tasted. Seriously. The combination of the spice, the sauce, the people, was perfect. I almost cried.
- 7:00 PM - Back to the Villa, Exhausted and Content: The villa is my sanctuary. Even with the mosquitos.
Day 3: The Ubud Gauntlet and Artful Indigestion
- 9:00 AM - Ubud Bound: We hired a driver to get to Ubud, because no more scooters.
- 10:00 AM - The Monkey Forest (and a potential primate takeover): Okay, the monkeys are cute, but also terrifying. They’re brazen, they’re greedy, and they have no respect for personal space. I saw one try to steal a kid's banana. In the end, it was fun and they didn't go crazy on us- we escaped unscathed.
- 12:00 PM - Traditional Balinese Dance (an emotional rollercoaster): A traditional Balinese dance performance. The music, the costumes, the dancers… it’s absolutely mesmerizing. Parts of it are funny, some are moving, and by the end, I felt strangely emotional. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was jet lag.
- 2:00 PM - Art Market and My Souvenir Obsession: The Ubud Art Market. Chaotic. Overwhelming. I bought a painting, a scarf, and a carving of a cat (don't ask). My impulse control is seriously lacking.
- 4:00 PM - Cooking Class (and a culinary triumph): Learning how to cook Balinese food. It started with a trip to the local market to select our ingredients. Then, we got to chop, dice, and stir our way through the cooking class. Surprisingly, the dish I made was pretty good. I'm not sure I could replicate it, but I'm proud.
- 7:00 PM - Dessert and the realization I might be gaining weight: Back at the villa. I’m so tired, I just want to go to bed.
Day 4: Beach Days & Spa Serenity (Finally!)
- 9:00 AM - Beach Escape: After three intense days, we are going to the beach. The travel brochures didn’t mention the number of tourists and vendors, but never mind. I will find peace.
- 10:30 AM - Relaxation (After a fashion): After an hour of sunbathing, my skin is starting to feel like it's frying, so I ran for cover and into the shade of a beach bar.
- 12:00 PM - Spa Time is the Best Time: I have always loved spas, but this one was wonderful. The massage was pure bliss. I almost fell asleep. It was exactly what I needed to get away from the sun.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner on the Beach: We had a romantic dinner on the beach. The sunset was amazing, we drank a bunch of cocktails and felt great.
- 9:00 PM - A Walk on the Beach: I am not sure the beach is as great as the brochures say!
Day 5 - 7: Repeat, Refine, and Resist (and possibly, a little more existential dread)
- The remaining days: Mostly filled with more of the same: Pools, food, temples, and scooter fear.
- Ruminating: I spend a lot of time staring at the rice fields, which is a good thing. I have questions. I may never be able to fully process the beauty and chaos of this place, the stark contrast between intense moments of peacefulness and pure exasperation. Maybe that's the point. Maybe Bali is just a beautiful, messy, and overwhelmingly human experience, always in flux.
- Final thoughts: I haven't found enlightenment, but I can say that I am pretty sure I've fallen in love with Bali.
The end. (Probably).
Ace Hotel Arras-Beaurains: France's Hidden Gem Awaits!
Bali's Royal Escape: 1BR Rice Paddies & Private Pool (ZN11) - The REAL FAQs
Okay, so you're thinking of booking ZN11, the Bali "Royal Escape" with the rice paddy views and the private pool, eh? Let me tell you, I've been there, done that, and gotten the sunburn to prove it. Forget those perfectly curated travel blog posts – this is the REAL deal. Consider this your pre-trip therapy session. Buckle up, buttercup, because this is gonna be a bumpy, beautiful ride.
The Booking Brain Drain: Getting There and First Impressions
1. How *do* I even get to this place? Google Maps says one thing, the brochure another… Will I end up a jungle snack?
Okay, let's be real. Bali traffic is legendary. Getting to ZN11? Expect a rollercoaster. Seriously. The Google Maps ETA is a blatant lie. Add at least 30 minutes (and probably an hour) to any estimate. The roads? Think "rustic" – potholes you could lose a small child in, scooters weaving closer than your comfort level allows, and the occasional Brahma bull politely blocking your path. My advice? Pay the extra for a private transfer. Seriously. The taxi drivers... bless their hearts... some get it, some don't. Do yourself a favor and pre-arrange something (the resort might offer it). Arrival? Ah, that first glimpse... the brochure shows perfection. In my case, it took the initial awe of seeing the rice paddies, mixed with the dust of the road, the sweet smell of frangipani, and the slight panic of realizing how far from civilization you are (which is part of the charm, honestly!). I remember showing up at like, 3 AM after a flight delay, my brain was mush, and I was convinced I’d made some colossal mistake, then they had me in the villa... and all the stress melted away. Almost.
2. The Private Pool: Is it Instagram-worthy? Or just…wet?
Alright, the pool. The *reason* you’re booking this place, probably. Yes, it's beautiful. Yes, it's Instagram-worthy. Yes, you *will* photograph yourself floating dramatically in it with a tropical cocktail. Here's the catch: It's not always pristine. Bali is… well, it has a lot of nature. Expect leaves. Expect the occasional (very tiny) critter. Embrace it. It's part of the experience. I went in there one morning, and a little frog was doing the backstroke. I swear, it was judging *me*. I had to fish it out. Mortifying, but also hilarious. Also, and this is important: sunblock. Reapply *religiously*. I ended up looking like a lobster that escaped a vat. And trust me, sunburnt skin does *not* photograph well.
The Nitty Gritty: Food, Staff, and the (Un)expected
3. What about the food? Will I get the dreaded Bali Belly? Are there any good restaurants nearby, or am I doomed to room service?
Food! Ah, the eternal traveler's dilemma. First, the Bali Belly. It's a risk, let's be real. I swear by those probiotic pills. Take them *before* you go, and *throughout* your trip. Drink bottled water. Avoid ice in your drinks (unless you trust the establishment). As for ZN11, the breakfast included is pretty decent; fresh fruit, eggs, the usual. But *explore*. There are some fantastic warungs (local restaurants) nearby. Ask the staff for recommendations. They are the best guides. And don't be afraid to try something new. I discovered this little warung down the road serving the most amazing *nasi goreng* I've ever tasted. It was cheap, cheerful, and totally authentic. Room service? Convenient, but you're missing out on the adventure. Just… be smart about it. Also, stock up on snacks at a local mini mart. You'll thank me later when those midnight munchies hit.
4. The Staff: Are they truly "Royal Escape" level? Or just… nice? And, do they speak English?
The staff at ZN11? They're… fantastic. Seriously. They are genuinely kind, helpful, and lovely. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. The cleaning staff were friendly, helpful, and never made me feel like I was intruding on their space. English is spoken, but sometimes communication can be a little… tricky. Be patient. They are doing their best. A smile and a little bit of effort to understand goes a long way. I needed help turning on the TV the first day... took like half an hour even with the helpful staff... but the kindness made it all worth it. Tipping? Definitely. It's appreciated. They work incredibly hard.
5. Is it *really* private? I'm not looking to share my pool with the local wildlife (or prying eyes).
Privacy? Mostly. The villas are designed for it. You're surrounded by lush greenery. You *likely* won't be constantly stared at. However, and this is a minor thing, the rice paddies are... well, they have farmers. You might get the occasional glimpse of a farmer working his fields. It's part of the charm, though, honestly. Think of it as a reminder of the beauty *around* you. And, if you're really worried about being watched? Just build a tall bamboo fence. (Kidding! Don't do that.) Also, there's the occasional gecko chirping at night (they're harmless!) And I saw MONKEYS. Not inside my villa, thank God. But be aware they like to hang about, so don't leave food out. I learned that the hard way. Had to chase away a particularly brazen one! It was a real-life jungle scene. Awesome and slightly terrifying.
The "Just In Case" Category
6. What should I pack that I *won't* see on any other packing list?
Okay, for the seasoned traveler to Bali, this might seem obvious, but since this FAQ is for the REAL experience I am gonna suggest the following. First of all, a waterproof phone pouch. You're going to want to take photos in that pool. Second, and this is crucial: a good mosquito repellent. Like, the *strong stuff*. I'm talking DEET. Those little buggers are relentless. Third: a universal power adapter. Don't be caught without one. Fourth: a small first-aid kit with medicine you need. Fifth: and an open mind! Bali is gonna test you, challenge you, and leave you changed. Embrace it. Also - and this is a weird one - a travel-sized bottle of your favorite hand soapHotel Adventure

