
Plum House Easebourne: Your Dream UK Escape Awaits!
Plum House Easebourne: My Dream UK Escape (Or Maybe Yours?) – A Brutally Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average five-star, polished-to-a-point hotel review. I'm diving headfirst into Plum House Easebourne, and I'm bringing my unvarnished opinions, questionable fashion choices, and a whole lot of expectations. Let's be real, finding the perfect UK escape is like searching for a unicorn that also makes a killer cuppa. But Plum House? Well, let's see…
First Impressions & Getting There (The "Oh God, Did I Pack Enough Biscuits?" Phase)
Finding the hotel was a breeze… which is a good thing, considering my sense of direction is about as reliable as a politician's promise. Accessibility matters, folks, and thankfully, Plum House is pretty darn good at it. Not a complete, perfectly level playing field for everyone (we’ll get to that), but they've definitely made an effort. See, my Aunt Mildred, bless her heart, uses a wheelchair, and finding places that actually can accommodate her without feeling like you're trespassing in an obstacle course is a victory. Plum House gets a solid thumbs up for that – Facilities for disabled guests are clearly a priority, though I didn’t personally test every single nook and cranny.
Now, getting there, as with any UK adventure, means you kinda need to be prepared for the weather. But on arrival, the property is gorgeous, it's a little… well, it's a bit 'countryside chic' not perfect, and perhaps a touch on the side of 'stately' where I felt a bit like I was wearing my most casual of clothes at a Buckingham palace tea party.
Rooms: My Kingdom for a Remote (and a Really Great View)
The rooms? Ah, the rooms. Let's start with the Wi-Fi [free]. Essential, right? My phone is my lifeline, social media addiction, and primary source of procrastination. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – a HUGE win. Thank God. Also, Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN, so you've got options. The alarm clock (yep, still a thing), and wake-up service? I used neither. I’m self-sufficiently late, thank you very much.
My room was a non-smoking haven, which is crucial for a person who's trying to quit (don’t judge). The air conditioning was a godsend, especially after a long day of exploring. And the blackout curtains? Oh, the bliss. I slept like a well-fed hibernating bear. Additional toilet? (Nope). Separate shower/bathtub? Yep, and lovely one. Bathtub? YES! Essential, I need to soak in the bath after a long day of driving.
Then there were the little things. Free bottled water (always appreciated). Coffee/tea maker (vital for this caffeine addict). Bathrobes? Don’t mind if I do. Slippers? Luxury! The desk, laptop workspace, ironing facilities – all present and accounted for, but honestly? I spent most of my time in the seating area, gazing out the window that opens at the rolling hills. Pure serenity. My room was spotless, thanks to the diligent daily housekeeping, and full of charm. The mirror was strategically placed, which of course, I checked if I looked presentable before leaving the room.
Food & Drink: My Stomach's Adventure
Okay, let's talk food. The restaurants were a highlight. Plum House offers a range of dining options, including Western and Asian cuisine in restaurant, I got to sample both. The breakfast [buffet] was a delightful spread – I'm talking eggs, bacon, pastries… the works. Breakfast [buffet] with an opportunity to also take it in your room Breakfast in room, so perfect for a lazy morning – or for recovering from the previous night's ahem adventures. And if you're feeling peckish later, the Snack bar is a life saver. The Poolside bar? Well, let's just say I spent a significant amount of time there, sipping cocktails and pretending to be a sophisticated jet-setter. The A la carte in restaurant, if you don't want the buffet; the variety is great, and the service? Excellent. The bottle of water was a life-saver during my hikes.
I may have accidentally snuck in a couple of late-night runs to the Room service [24-hour] – the burgers are surprisingly good after a few (or many) glasses of wine.
Relaxation & Rejuvenation (aka: The "I Deserve This" Phase)
Now, this is where Plum House really shines. The Spa is a sanctuary. The pool with view? Stunning. The sauna and steamroom? Utterly relaxing. I’m a sucker for a good massage, and theirs was divine. Seriously, I could feel all the stress melting away. They even have a Foot bath! I'm not kidding, the spa is a major selling point. A word of warning: be prepared to never want to leave. They offer things like Body scrub and Body wrap, but I was too busy with the massage to even think about it (priorities, people!).
The Fitness center exists. I… didn’t. I explored the surrounding countryside instead.
Cleanliness & Safety: (The "Is the World Trying to Kill Me?" Phase – Thanks, Covid!)
Let’s be real. I'm a germaphobe disguised as a free spirit. So, I scrutinize cleanliness. Plum House gets top marks for this. The Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol, and the availability of Hand sanitizer everywhere – it all put my mind at ease. They even offer Room sanitization opt-out available, so you can choose your level of cleanliness. They were taking this seriously, and it showed.
Things to Do (Besides Pretending You're Royalty)
The location is key, it is close enough to get to the local attractions, however, you will need transport. I managed to get on a hike one day, and just chilled another.
Services & Conveniences: (The "They Thought of Everything!" Phase)
Plum House has a boatload of services. The Concierge were super helpful. They offer Air conditioning in public area (thank god), Luggage storage, Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Cash withdrawal, and even a Convenience store (essential for late-night chocolate cravings). They have a gift shop, but it pales in comparison to the experience of the hotel.
For the Kids (Bless Their Little Cotton Socks)
While I didn't have any kids with me (thank the heavens), Plum House seems geared toward families. The Kids facilities looked decent from the outside. There's Babysitting service (always a plus!), and, I'm guessing, they'd offer Kids meal options.
Other Tidbits (The "Random Musings" Phase)
- Internet services: reliable, which is more than I can say for some places.
- Cashless payment service: Easy peasy.
- Foreign exchange: They have it.
- Smoking area: Yep.
- Car park [free of charge]: Huzzah!
- Business facilities: Meetings, seminars, the works (I didn't use them but they're there, for those so inclined).
- Pets allowed unavailable: No dogs, sadly!
The Verdict:
Plum House Easebourne? It's not perfect. But it's pretty damn close. It's comfortable, relaxing, offers incredible food, and is full of charm. There are some imperfections, there's always room for improvement, but let's be real – that’s what gives anywhere character!
SEO Stuff (Because We Have To):
- Target Keywords: UK hotel, luxury hotel UK, spa hotel UK, weekend break UK, West Sussex hotel, Easebourne accommodation, accessible hotel UK, Plum House Easebourne review.
- Long-Tail Keywords: “Luxury spa weekend West Sussex”, “Best hotels near Petworth”, “Accessible boutique hotel UK with spa.”
- Synonyms: UK escape, countryside retreat, luxury getaway, boutique hotel.
My Honest Recommendation:
If you're looking for a UK escape that's a blend of luxury, relaxation, and a touch of countryside charm, Plum House Easebourne is definitely worth a look. Book it. Now!
Don't just take my word for it. Book your stay at Plum House Easebourne today and experience the magic for yourself. You deserve it!
Escape to Paradise: Sri Lanka's Most Luxurious Villa Awaits
Plum House Pilgrimage: A Ramble Through Easebourne (and My Soul)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously planned, Instagram-perfect itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL. This is me, attempting to navigate the charming chaos of Easebourne, and hopefully, not setting my own hair on fire in the process. My mission? To experience Plum House, soak up the atmosphere, and maybe, just maybe, find a moment of inner peace… or at least a decent cup of tea.
Day 1: Arrival & Early Panic
- 1:00 PM - Arrival at Plum House (supposedly): Okay, so the website photos? Stunning. The reality?…well, let's just say my GPS had a moment. Wound up driving in circles for a solid twenty minutes, muttering about "charming country lanes" that felt more like a death trap for my poor, unsuspecting Corolla. Finally, finally, I saw the gates. They were majestic. My relief was equally majestic.
- 1:30 PM - Check-in & First Impressions: The woman at the desk was lovely, bless her. Asked me what I hoped to get from my stay and I almost choked on my own tongue. "Um… to not get lost?" I stammered. She smiled kindly and handed me the key. The room? Oh, the room! It felt like stepping into a Jane Austen novel. Except with, you know, electricity and a suspiciously comfortable bed. Immediate internal debate: Should I cry because it was beautiful, or panic because I didn't know how to turn on the fireplace without summoning a dragon? Verdict: Leaning towards a preemptive glass of wine.
- 2:00 PM - Wandering & Wondering (aka: Lost in the Garden): The garden at Plum House. Okay, it's everything. Seriously. I swear I saw a fairy flitting near the roses. Or maybe it was just a particularly audacious bee. Regardless, I got completely turned around. I’m not great at directions, even when there's a map, maybe that's why i am here, to find myself, in a garden. I spent a good hour wandering, feeling like a particularly bewildered Alice, desperately hoping I wouldn't stumble into a croquet game with the Queen of Hearts.
- 3:00 PM - Tea & Trepidation: Finally, safe, back in the room and ready for some tea. The tea selection was divine. Earl Grey, my old friend. But the anticipation… I kept thinking: "What if I don't belong here? What if I'm not posh enough to appreciate the finer things?" I poured the tea, took a deep breath, and… it was perfect. The sun streamed through the window and bathed my face in golden light. I am sure every guest feels this way, it's part of the magic. I felt a tiny, minuscule wave of calm wash over me. Maybe this "peace and quiet" thing wasn't so bad after all.
Day 2: Easebourne Exploration & Culinary Catastrophes
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast Blues: The breakfast. Ugh. Look, I appreciate a good continental breakfast as much as the next person. But this? This was a buffet of disappointment. The pastries were stale, the coffee tasted like dishwater, and I swear I saw a rogue piece of bacon doing the Macarena on the plate. I ate a piece of toast, feeling deflated. Maybe, just maybe, i just need more coffee.
- 10:00 AM - Easebourne Village Ramble: Right, time to be a proper tourist. Strolled through the village, admiring the charming cottages. Found a little shop selling vintage jewellery that was just perfect. Bought a pair of earrings that I’m pretty sure are worth more than my savings.
- 11:00 AM - The Church of St. Mary (or My Existential Crisis): The church in Easebourne is stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. The architecture, the history…it made me feel incredibly, ridiculously small. Spent a solid hour contemplating the meaning of life, the universe, and everything. Conclusion: Still haven't figured it out. But the stained-glass windows were beautiful.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch at a Pub (Almost Disaster): Found a pub down the road. Ordered a "ploughman's lunch" and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, the food arrived. And it was… a monstrosity. Over-salted ham, a rock-hard chunk of cheddar, and a pickle that looked suspiciously like it had been pickled in motor oil. I ate the bread, because, you know, carbs. I should have learned to cook.
- 3:00 PM - Return to Plum House & Sulking (aka, My Nap): After the lunch disaster, I retreated back to Plum House, feeling defeated. Decided a nap was in order. Woke up two hours later feeling…slightly less grumpy.
Day 3: The Plum House Experience: Indulgence & Epiphany
- 9:00 AM - Redeeming Breakfast Attempt: Okay, this time I'm armed and ready. I brought my own instant coffee and a secret stash of granola bars. Victory! The breakfast was a tiny bit better, i am finally getting the hang of it.
- 10:00 AM - The Treatment: I had a spa treatment, which was blissful. My inner child came to life. I am probably looking forward to this for more than anything else. I felt my muscles begin to relax, I forgot about my lunch experience. I was not thinking, and everything was easy.
- 12:00 PM - Plum House Exploration: After the spa experience, I decided to truly explore what Plum House had to offer. I sat in the library, I read a book from a local author. I took notes and made observations, and started thinking how to improve my life.
- 3:00 PM - The Rose Garden Revelation: I spent the afternoon in the rose garden. I don't know why I didn't do this before. I found a hidden bench and sat there for hours. I inhaled the rose scents, felt the warm sun on my face, and stared at the beautiful view for hours. Slowly the emotions were building like a symphony, I could feel the tears well in my eyes. It was this moment, sitting among the roses, that something clicked. I realized that I was spending so much time worrying about being perfect, and that I was missing out on living fully. I guess I started to understand exactly what the purpose of my visit was, I realized why i was there. I guess I found some peace, or at least a lot more love for myself.
- 7:00 PM - Farewell Dinner & Newfound Optimism: Dinner was actually wonderful. I had the courage to order something from the menu and I enjoyed every bit of it. I sat there, watching the embers of the fire in the fireplace, and smiled. I wasn't perfect. I'd gotten lost in the garden, almost starved to death, and had a minor existential crisis in a church. But I had also smiled. I had also found myself, or at least taken the first step. This was more than enough.
Day 4: Departure & Longing
- 9:00 AM - Farewell Breakfast & Tears: Another breakfast, another potential disaster. This time, I survived. I said goodbye to my new friend, who gave me a hug. Okay, maybe I did shed a few tears as I checked out. Just a few.
- 10:00 AM - One Last Look: That last look at Plum House. The beautiful facade, the towering trees, the garden that had held so many secrets. I took a deep breath, and made my way home, hoping that I would return.
- 1:00 PM - Back to Reality: The journey home. Back to the chaos, the noise. But I wouldn't forget this time, nor the peace, or the joy that came with the visit. I would definitely be returning.
So, there you have it. My messy, imperfect, utterly human Plum House experience. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't always pretty. But it was real. And that, my friends, is what matters. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a decent cup of tea. And maybe, just maybe, plan my next visit.
Escape to Paradise: Motel Rayalco's Saint-Apollinaire Oasis Awaits!
Plum House Easebourne: Your Dream UK Escape... or Just a Really Good Weekend? Let's Dive In!
Okay, Seriously, What *Is* Plum House Exactly? Is It... You Know... *Nice*?
Alright, here's the lowdown. Plum House is, in a nutshell, a seriously gorgeous rental in Easebourne, a sweet little village in Sussex. Think classic English countryside vibes – rolling hills, quaint pubs, the whole deal. And yes, it *is* nice. Like, REALLY nice. But be warned: the pictures online are accurate, which is both a blessing and a curse. You'll spend half your trip just gazing at the views, wishing you could bottle the light. I mean, I walked in, saw the windows overlooking the gardens, and I nearly choked on a rogue sausage roll I'd sneakily brought with me. It's that kind of "breathtaking" nice.
But... (and there's always a but, isn't there?) it's not perfect. I found a hair in the shower drain. A single, dark hair. It wasn't *my* hair, and it haunted me for the first two days. Did someone else *live* here? Was it a sign? Spoiler alert: it was probably just a previous guest. But it's a reminder that even in paradise, there's a little bit of reality creepin' in.
Can I Actually *Get* There? Travel Shenanigans!
Easebourne's location is generally pretty handy, but let's talk travel. I went by car because, frankly, I have a serious fear of convoluted train journeys. Google Maps promised a smooth ride down the A3, but let me tell you, the last few miles involved roads that were narrower than my tolerance for chatty backseat drivers. Seriously, bring your patience and maybe a good playlist. Parking, once you *finally* arrive, is usually straightforward, but double-check the instructions from the host. I once spent ten minutes panicking I was double-parked when I was actually perfectly fine. I get stressed easily, okay?
If you're brave and opting for public transport, the nearest station is Haslemere. From there, it's a taxi ride. Factor that into your budget and your sanity – those taxis can be expensive, and those drivers... Well, let's just say some of them *love* a good monologue. Also, be prepared for delays. Trains. Are. Unpredictable. I swear, the railway system is a conspiracy against punctual people.
What's the House *Actually* Like Inside? (And Don't Give Me the Stock Photos' Version!)
Okay, so forget the glossy magazine shots. Inside, Plum House is... well, lived-in but lovely. It's got that comfy, slightly-worn-but-loved feel. You know, the kind of furniture that's begging you to sink into it with a good book (and a large glass of something). There’s a stunning kitchen with everything you could possibly need, which is awesome if you're a cooking enthusiast. I am not. I burned toast the first morning – true story. But the equipment? Top-notch.
The bedrooms are gorgeous. The beds are comfy. Seriously comfy. I slept like a log (or at least, as close to a log as someone with my sleep anxieties can get). The bathrooms… they’re clean! (Besides the aforementioned hair incident.) But seriously, the decor is tasteful, and the overall vibe is "relaxed luxury," which is a good combo. Just be prepared for the occasional squeaky floorboard – it's a character, not a flaw!
Activities, Restaurants, Pubs... Tell Me About the Surrounding Area! What Can I *Do*?
Right, the fun stuff! Easebourne itself is idyllic. The pubs are charming. The food is generally good. The village green is postcard-worthy. But don’t expect a bustling metropolis, okay? This is countryside living at its finest. Think long walks, cozy evenings, and the sound of birds chirping. It's perfect for getting away from everything (and everyone).
You’re close to the town of Midhurst, which has more shops and restaurants – and a truly magnificent castle, Cowdray Ruins. I, personally, spent a glorious afternoon wandering around those ruins. There’s something romantic and utterly captivating about ruins. They’re proof of history, of passage, of time... and they make for stunning Instagram photos! (Don’t judge me). You can also get a bit more adventurous and explore the South Downs National Park – the views are spectacular. Just… wear decent shoes. My Converse were *not* up to the task.
And the pubs! Oh, the pubs. My absolute favourite was The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa. The food, the atmosphere, the fact that they have a roaring fire in winter...heaven. Honestly, I could happily live in that pub (and I almost did, judging by how long I stayed there). The only drawback? The bill! But worth it. Absolutely worth it.
Let's Talk Practicalities: Is It a Good Choice for Families? Or Is It a Couples' Retreat Only?
Plum House is generally pretty family-friendly, but it depends on your family, honestly. There's plenty of space, a lovely garden, and a well-equipped kitchen. My personal opinion? It's probably better suited to older kids who can appreciate the peace and quiet, or a family who are happy to spend time together and enjoy quieter pursuits. There's less immediate "kid stuff" on offer, which is fine if you're looking for a chilled out family getaway.
Couples? Absolutely. Romance is practically built into the walls of Plum House. Cozy nights by the fire, long walks hand-in-hand, breathtaking views... you get the picture. It's basically a love nest, minus the questionable wallpaper and creepy velvet paintings. I mean, I went with friends, and even *we* felt a bit lovey-dovey after a couple of days. But don't let that put you off if you're single! It's a fantastic place to recharge, read, and generally indulge in some well-deserved "me time." Just bring a good book and a bottle (or two) of wine. And maybe some chocolates. Definitely the chocolates.
The Wi-Fi! The Horror! What's It Like?
Okay, so let's be brutally honest. The Wi-Fi... is... variable. Look, you're in the countryside. Embrace it! Think of it as a digital detox. On the plus side, it *does* exist. You *can* check your emails. You *can* upload those Instagram photos of yourself looking blissfully happy. But don't expect lightning-fast speeds. Download your essential Netflix shows before you go, and you'll be fine. I'd downloaded about ten seasons of something awful, just in case. I might have needed them. You never know.

