
Bangkok's BEST Hostel? Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit Review!
Alright, buckle up, because we’re diving headfirst into the glorious, chaotic, and genuinely awesome world of Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit, Bangkok's BEST hostel (and yes, I'm yelling, because it deserves it!). Forget those cookie-cutter reviews, folks. This is real, unfiltered, and coming straight from a travel-weary soul who's seen a few hostels in her day.
(SEO Note: Okay, gotta sneak in some keywords here, just to appease the algorithms. So, Bangkok hostel, Sukhumvit hostel, best hostel Bangkok, affordable Bangkok accommodation… there, done! Now we can REALLY get started.)
First impressions? Okay, so landing in Bangkok after a 24-hour flight is… well, it's a vibe. Sweaty, disoriented, and craving a cold Singha. Getting to Rendezvous was a breeze, thanks to their super easy directions (more on Accessibility later, because it REALLY matters). The lobby, with its quirky art and chilled-out atmosphere, immediately soothed my frazzled nerves. It felt… welcoming. Not sterile, not pretentious, just… real.
Accessibility: (Deep breath, this is important).
Alright, so I’m not using a wheelchair, but I do pay attention to these things because, well, everyone deserves a good travel experience. Rendezvous? They've made a solid effort. The elevator’s a godsend after hauling luggage (and after THAT flight, I was practically crawling!), and the common areas are relatively easy to navigate. I didn't see any glaring issues for someone with mobility challenges, but I'd recommend calling ahead and double-checking specific room features if you have specific needs. They've actually thought about this, unlike some other hostels I've stayed in that are basically death traps built on a mountain of stairs. Seriously, this is important, and they get it.
Internet Access & Beyond (The Wi-Fi Whisperer)
Let's be real. In the age of Instagram and endless doomscrolling, Wi-Fi is king. And Rendezvous bows down. Free Wi-Fi in ALL ROOMS? Yes, please! It was reliable, fast, and saved my sanity when I needed to upload a week’s worth of photos (because, you know, travel blogger life). And the Wi-Fi in public areas was just as good, so you can happily spread out and plan your adventures. They obviously understand the needs of the modern traveler, and for that, I'm eternally grateful. Internet [LAN]? You betcha.
(Rambling interlude: I swear, one hostel I stayed at, the Wi-Fi was so bad, I had to go stand in the street just to send a Facebook message. I kid you not. Talk about a digital detox I didn't ask for!)
Cleanliness and Safety (The Germaphobe's Dream?)
Okay, I'm a tiny bit of a germaphobe. I'm not ashamed. And seriously, Rendezvous gets a HUGE win here. They're using anti-viral cleaning products (yes!), and the whole place smells clean. Imagine that! Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. They even have hand sanitizer everywhere, and individually-wrapped food options at the breakfast spread. They were really on the ball with the whole COVID-19 thing. Physical distancing was totally respected. This is the type of place you can actually relax and feel safe without a constant sense of impending doom. They really care and take it seriously.
And about Rooms sanitized between stays? Absolutely. I felt good about sleeping there, actually.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Foodie’s Playground)
Okay, let's talk about the most important thing: FOOD. Rendezvous nailed it. While I'm not sure I'd classify it as a "foodie's playground," it certainly holds its own.
Breakfast is buffet-style, and they have a bit of everything, including Asian breakfast and Western breakfast. The coffee? Surprisingly decent. They have a coffee shop onsite. They also have a restaurant serving Asian and International cuisine.
There's a bar (important!), a poolside bar (even more important!), and a snack bar. I loved wandering down for a quick bite or a cheeky happy hour drink.
Services and Conveniences (The Extras You Didn't Know You Needed)
Air conditioning in public areas. Check. Daily housekeeping. Check. Laundry service. Check. Seriously, the basics are all there and then some. Concierge? Yep, helpful and friendly. Luggage storage? Absolutely. They have the essentials covered, and they do them well. They even have a convenience store. No need to worry!
For the Kids:
While I am not traveling with children (and I am not sure what I would do if I was), they appear to have a babysitting service and kids facilities.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (The Chill Zone)
Okay, this is where Rendezvous really shines.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, the pool is the perfect spot to chill. It has a Pool with view!
- Massage: After a few days of exploring Bangkok's hustle and bustle, I was in need of a good massage, and it did not disappoint. Absolutely worth it.
- Spa and Sauna are also available.
Available in all rooms:
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary tea
- Free bottled water
- Wi-Fi [free]
(Anecdote time: I spent an afternoon by the pool, reading a book, and sipping a cocktail. Pure bliss. I could have stayed there for days! Seriously, there is no sound of the real-world in that oasis. So good.)
Rooms & Comfort (The Cozy Factor)
My room was… comfy. Not massive, but clean, well-designed, and with a perfectly functioning air conditioning (which is a MUST in Bangkok!). I loved the blackout curtains, which allowed me to sleep in (bliss!). They have Non-smoking rooms. I slept like a baby. They have Soundproof rooms too.
Getting Around (The Bangkok Shuffle)
Airport transfer: Yes, they arranged it, and it was a lifesaver after that long flight. Taxi service is also available.
What I loved (and what could be better):
- Loved: The staff! They were friendly, helpful, and genuinely seemed to care. The location is amazing, close to everything but still quiet. The pool is a dream. The cleanliness is impeccable.
- Could be better: The rooms are maybe a tiny bit small, but honestly, you're not spending all your time in your room anyway. I'd suggest a slightly larger locker.
The Verdict: Book It!
Look, if you're looking for a hostel in Bangkok that balances comfort, cleanliness, fun, and a genuinely good atmosphere, Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit is it. It’s not just a place to sleep; it’s a place to meet people, relax after a long day of exploring, and actually ENJOY your time in Bangkok. It gets a solid 9.5/10 from me. I’ll be back!
The "Book Now" Pitch (Because that's the point, right?)
Tired of bland, boring hostels? Craving a Bangkok experience that's actually memorable?
Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit offers the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and cool. Imagine:
- Waking up refreshed in a spotlessly clean room.
- Cooling off in a stunning outdoor pool after a day of exploring.
- Meeting fellow travelers in a friendly, welcoming environment.
- Enjoying delicious food and drinks at surprisingly affordable prices.
- Convenient access to everything Bangkok has to offer.
But wait, there's more!
- Free Wi-Fi in every room! (Because let's be real, you need it.)
- Exceptional cleanliness and safety standards. (Because your peace of mind matters.)
- Incredible experiences beyond the average, like a pool with a view, a sauna, and spa access!
Don't settle for less. Book your stay at Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit TODAY and experience Bangkok the RIGHT way!
(SEO Keywords Sneak Peek: Bangkok, Hostel, Sukhumvit, Clean, Safe, Pool, Relaxation, Comfortable, Relaxing, Delicious, Friendly, Bangkok Accommodation)
Click Here to find your perfect hostel stay!
Unbelievable Dalat Luxury: Trung Đức Signature Hotel Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is a messy, opinionated, and probably slightly hungover account of my time in Bangkok, starting and ending at the illustrious Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit Hostel. Prepare for a rollercoaster… and maybe some questionable street food choices.
Bangkok Bonanza: A Somewhat Sane (Maybe) Exploitation of Rendezvous 60-1 & Beyond
Day 1: Arrival, Air Con Bliss (and the Dreaded Jet Lag)
- Morning (because I’m so organized): Arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK). Ugh, the flight was a hellscape of cramped leg space and screaming toddlers. Seriously, are earplugs a pre-requisite for air travel these days? Anyway, navigating the airport’s a chaotic dance of luggage carousels and sweaty immigration queues. Finally, I found a taxi. First impression of Bangkok: humid. Like, really humid.
- Afternoon: Check into Rendezvous 60-1. Okay, I give it to them, the A/C in the dorm is glorious. Pure, unadulterated, icy-cold bliss. I crashed immediately. Jet lag is a beast. Woke up a few hours later, disoriented, and convinced I’d aged a decade.
- Evening: Attempted to orient myself. Took a walk around the Sukhumvit area – a sensory overload! Street food vendors, tuk-tuks whizzing by, neon lights flashing. Didn’t eat anything substantial. Too overwhelmed. Basically just wandered around, wide-eyed, and ended up buying a bag of suspiciously sweet mango sticky rice from a street vendor that looked a little too eager to sell. Regret? Possibly. Delicious? Definitely.
Day 2: Temples, Tantrums (of a Sort), and Tuk-Tuk Terror
- Morning: Dragged myself out of bed (the jet lag had me in its clutches). Headed out to visit Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). The Chao Phraya River was gorgeous, but the sheer heat was starting to get to me. Managed to cross the river via ferry (which was pretty exciting ngl) and climb the iconic central prang. The view was spectacular, even if I nearly passed out from the sun.
- Afternoon: More temples! Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha). Massive. Incredible. I may have stared at the giant golden statue for a full fifteen minutes, just absorbing it and contemplating the meaning of life. Decided the meaning of life was probably a cold Singha beer.
- Late Afternoon: Okay, here’s where things get…interesting. Tried a tuk-tuk ride. Big mistake. Big, big mistake. The driver quoted me a price, then tried to take me to a gem shop (classic tourist scam). I, in my sleep-deprived state, completely lost my cool. Politely but firmly told him to get lost in a colourful mix of international insults, and promptly got out and walked the rest of the way. I swear, I saw the other tourists looking at me like, WHOA.
- Evening: Found solace in a rooftop bar, beer and the the city lights for sunset. Bliss.
Day 3: Shopping, Spices, and Street Food Redemption
- Morning: BTS train to MBK Center. A shopping haven. And a bit of a maze. Got lost buying a new backpack (mine was about to fall apart - a common travel affliction, I'm sure) and got distracted by the street food vendors selling… well, everything.
- Afternoon: Finally found the backpack. Lunch at a local eatery and a bowl of the most amazing Pad Thai I've ever had (I did my research on recommendations earlier, so yes, I am a somewhat more organized tourist after all). The spice level was intense. But, it was glorious.
- Evening: Night market exploration! So much to see, so much to smell. The aromas of spices, sizzling meat, and sweet desserts filled the air. I tried some grilled skewers (questionable origin, but delicious). Ended the night with a Thai massage (necessary after all that walking). Fell asleep mid-massage. Best. Massage. Ever.
Day 4: Floating Markets & Boat Blues
- Morning: Pre-dawn wake-up call for a (very) early morning trip to the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. It was packed with tourists, let's be honest, but still a fascinating experience. The colours, the food, the chaos of the market boats… it was definitely worth the early start. I got to eat some kind of soup from a boat. It was good and pretty cheap too.
- Afternoon: Traveled back to Bangkok. Found myself at the boat pier. Bought a river cruise ticket, and my optimism quickly wavered. The crowds, the heat, and the engine noises… it started to feel more like a forced march than a relaxing experience. A few hours on that boat, and my feet were killing me.
- Evening: Back to the hostel. Needed to recharge. Found a chill bar near the hostel and had a few beers. It took a while to get my feet comfortable at the end of the day.
Day 5: Goodbye, Bangkok (For Now)
- Morning: A final wander around Sukhumvit. Said goodbye, or rather, "see you later," to Rendezvous 60-1 (the A/C in the dorm was still calling to me). Bought some last-minute souvenirs (mostly t-shirts that will likely end up being a rag in a few months).
- Afternoon: Airport again. Farewell Bangkok! Though, I'm fairly certain I'll be back. This city, with all its messy, chaotic, and delicious glory, has a way of getting under your skin. I left with a bag filled with memories, a belly full of questionable food, and the faint scent of mosquito repellent. What more could you ask for?
- Evening: Reflecting on my time at the Rendezvous 60-1 hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect for exploring the city. The dorm rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the vibe was awesome. You know, I met a few people while I was there - people with similar love for traveling and the whole backpacking lifestyle. Sharing tales of travel, drinking beer, and just having a really good time. Maybe it wasn't perfect, but it was real.
- Night: Plane ride home. Time to start planning my next adventure!

Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit: The Messy, Honest Truth (A Hostel Review – Probably)
Okay, so, is Rendezvous 60-1 Sukhumvit actually… good? Like, really good?
The location – is Sukhumvit a death trap for tourists? How walkable IS it really?
The dorms – claustrophobic? Clean? Loud? Spill the tea!
The common areas – what’s the vibe? Are they actually social?
Food! Is there good food nearby? Is the hostel’s kitchen usable?
The staff – are they helpful and friendly? Or are they just… there?
What's the WORST thing about Rendezvous 60-1? Be honest!

