
Escape to Paradise: Pelion Resort, Portaria, Greece - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Pelion Resort - My Semi-Organized Brain Dump (and Why You NEED to Go!)
Okay, buckle up, because I'm back from the utterly gorgeous Escape to Paradise: Pelion Resort in Portaria, Greece, and my brain is still buzzing like a stressed-out bee. Trying to condense this experience is like trying to herd cats… with a broken net. But, I'll do my best to give you the real deal, warts and all. Because let's be honest, nobody wants a perfectly polished travel brochure. We want the juicy bits!
First Impressions (and the Stairs!)
From the moment you arrive, you're hit with that Pelion Effect. The air, it smells of pine and something… magical. And the view? Seriously, it's a postcard cliché come to life. (Pool with view? More like "OMG, how is this real?" view). But, and there's always a but, my first impression was also slightly challenged by the initial… stairway encounter. I swear, my suitcase and I had a full-blown existential crisis climbing those steps. (Accessibility, anyone?) I need to clarify about the stairs. While the resort does have elevators, navigating the property can involve some ups and downs. It's not ideal for someone with mobility issues, but let me tell you more about it later.
Accessibility is tricky - BUT!
Alright, let's get the elephant in the room, no, not the staircase I nearly yeeted my luggage down. Accessibility is… complex. **(Facilities for disabled guests) **While the hotel has elevators, the terrain of Pelion (and the layout of the resort) is a bit hilly, so maneuvering around everywhere may have some challenges. I'd recommend contacting the resort directly before booking and having a very open and honest chat about your specific needs.
Rooms: My Sanctuary (and the Tea)
Once I finally collapsed into my room, it was a sigh of relief. (Non-smoking rooms, Soundproof rooms - thank the gods!). The decor is classy and comfortable. I had a (Window that opens) with a stunning view, a (Mini bar - always a win!), and access to (Complimentary tea), which I basically spent the entire trip drinking. The (Air conditioning) was a lifesaver because the sun there is intense, just a heads up. The (Bedding, closet, and extra long bed) are very comfortable, and the (Daily housekeeping) service was a godsend.
(Internet access – wireless/LAN/Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!): The Wi-Fi was actually surprisingly good, unlike some places, and I had no problem doing video calls or streaming movies. (Internet services) - But sometimes, the internet was spotty because I was way up in the mountains. Hey, you can't have it all, I guess.
Things to DO, Ways to RELAX (OH, the RELAXING!)
Okay, this is where Escape to Paradise really shines. This place is a haven for relaxation. I swear, I've never felt so zen in my life.
(Spa): I practically lived in the spa. It's a dreamy haven. The (Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Foot bath) were all incredible. I particularly loved the (Massage). (Body scrub, Body wrap) are also available, and the staff are truly skilled. (Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view): The outdoor pool is something else. The view from there is the stuff of dreams! I spent a lot of time doing laps there, which helped me relieve every day's stress. (Fitness center): The gym seemed pretty well-equipped, but honestly? I was too busy eating delicious food to actually work out.
(Things to do): I am not sure what to say here. I spent all day relaxing.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Foodgasms Guaranteed
My stomach is still rumbling just thinking about the food. Forget about dieting.
(Breakfast [buffet]): the buffet breakfast was a glorious spread. Fresh fruit, pastries (OMG the pastries!), and every kind of egg dish you could imagine. It was like a food festival every morning. (Asian breakfast, Western breakfast) too, so you're covered. (Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant): The resort offers a few restaurants, serving a mix of Greek and international cuisine. (Western cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant). I particularly loved the taverna with the (Poolside bar). (Bar, Happy hour): The bar staff were incredibly friendly, and the cocktails were divine. (Bottle of water) was always provided - small but mighty. (Room service [24-hour]): The (Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop) are so good and convenient. (Snack bar): If you're feeling peckish, the snack bar is perfect. Honestly, I was always a bit peckish.
(Vegetarian restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant): The resort has a wide array of dishes for everyone.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind, Finally!
I was genuinely impressed by the safety measures. (Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Anti-viral cleaning products, Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer everywhere). It made me feel safe and secure during a time when there's a lot to worry about. (Safe dining setup). The staff wore masks, and there was a lot of emphasis on social distancing.
(Cashless payment service): Convenient and streamlined.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Touches Make a HUGE Difference
(Concierge): The concierge was super helpful with recommendations and bookings. (Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service): All those are very valuable. (Gift/souvenir shop): I did a bit of shopping for souvenirs. (Safety deposit boxes, Luggage storage, Elevator): The essentials are covered.
For the Kids:
(Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal): I didn't have kids with me, but the resort seemed very family-friendly. There were plenty of activities to keep little ones entertained.
Final Verdict (and Why YOU Should Book, Like, RIGHT NOW!)
Escape to Paradise: Pelion Resort is, in a word, magical. The stunning scenery, the delicious food, the incredible spa, and the genuine warmth of the staff make it a truly unforgettable experience. Yes, the accessibility has some restrictions, and sure, I had a minor stair-related incident. But those are small bumps on the road to paradise. The pros overwhelmingly outweigh the cons.
Here's the honest truth: I’m already planning my return. And you should too. This place is a balm for the soul. A place to recharge, reconnect, and remember what truly matters. Don't wait. Book your escape. Seriously, do it NOW.
Here's the offer, because you know I'm getting paid for this (kidding… or am I?):
Escape to Paradise: Pelion Resort - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Pelion Resort, and receive:
- 10% off your entire stay!
- Free upgrade to a room with a balcony and a breathtaking view.
- A complimentary bottle of local wine on arrival to kickstart your relaxation.
- Exclusive access to our signature massage package at the spa.
- (For the first 10 bookings): A private dinner for two at our most romantic spot, overlooking the Aegean Sea.
But hurry! This offer is only valid for bookings made in the next 14 days! Use promo code PELIONDREAM at checkout. Visit [insert website address here] to book your escape to paradise now! (Or, you know, just Google it. I'm not a website, people!).
P.S. Don't forget to bring a good book. And your appetite. You'll need both. And maybe some comfy shoes for those stairs! You'll thank me later. Now, if you'll excuse me, I’m off to daydream about those pastries.
Pullman Sao Paulo Ibirapuera: Your Luxurious São Paulo Escape Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause this ain't your grandma's meticulously colour-coded travel itinerary. This is Pelion, The Wild Edition. And trust me, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic (Portaria, the Gateway to Goat Heaven)
Morning (Ugh, Flights): So, remember how I said I packed "light"? Yeah, well, my suitcase now resembles a small, angry dragon. Airline delays, of course. You know the drill. Arrived in Volos airport eventually, looking like a crumpled map of Europe. Found a tiny, ridiculously overpriced snack. Already feeling judged by the baggage handlers. They know I overpacked.
Mid-Morning (The Drive of Doom): Picked up the rental car. Named her "Thessa" (because it sounded vaguely Greek and like a slightly aggressive, stubborn goat). The drive up to Portaria was… interesting. Let's just say Greek roads are not designed for the faint of heart, or those with a fear of sheer drops. Had to pull over three times to regain my composure and, let's be honest, my lunch. Arrived in Portaria feeling like I'd aged a decade. But the views… chef's kiss. Mountainous!
Afternoon (Finding a Room…and Sanity): Found my hotel: "The Pelion Retreat." Sounds fancy, right? Turns out to be more "rustic charm" than "luxury spa." The room's… cozy. Okay, tiny. The balcony, however, overlooks a gorge. I can hear the wind singing, though. It’s kind of magical. This is when I realized I forgot to pack a toothbrush. Seriously. Panic set in. But, hey, the welcome drink (a potent local spirit, I think called Tsipouro, which I immediately regretted consuming a shot of) helped take the edge off the fear.
Evening (Food, Glorious Food! And a Near-Death Experience): Dinner at a taverna called "To Arkoudi" (The Bear). Ordered way too much food. The moussaka was heavenly, the local sausages… well, let's just say I'm pretty sure there was a lot of garlic involved. Ate until I could barely move. Stumbled back to the hotel, got lost, almost tripped over a goat (seriously, goats everywhere), and nearly walked off the edge of a cliff. Conclusion: Greek tavernas + Tsipouro + dark mountain roads = a recipe for disaster. But hey, at least the stars were incredible.
Day 2: Hiking and the Goat Apocalypse (And Maybe Learning to Breathe)
Morning (Hiking I): The plan, a hike. The reality? Finding the trailhead. This is where the "rustic charm" of Pelion Resort transforms into a full-blown scavenger hunt. Eventually found the beginning of the trail and started the hike. I chose what was supposed to be an 'easy' one. Famous last words.
Mid-Morning (Goats, Goats, Everywhere): You know what they say, the best things in life are free…and also full of goats. Seriously, goats everywhere. They're like the unofficial mascots of Pelion. They're judging you, silently. I swear one of them winked at me. The hike was steep. Very steep. Started thinking about how I should have gotten a gym membership.
Lunch (Picnic, Practically on the Brink of Collapse): After conquering a mountain pass that could rival a Himalayan peak (okay, maybe not, but it felt like it), I found a relatively flat rock and attempted a picnic. The bread turned out to be rock hard, and the olives were far too salty. Still, the view was worth the struggle. Sat and ate, the wind nearly knocked me over a few times, but the view was beyond amazing.
Afternoon (Hiking II - Attempt to recover): Hiking back (down) was even harder. My knees began to protest, shouting, "Give us a break!" I swear I could hear them.
Evening (The Taverna That (Almost) Broke Me): Decided to treat myself. This time, I went for a place called "The Old Mill," which, yes, used to be an Old Mill. Now a restaurant. And OMG. This place. First, the view. Spectacular. Then, the food. Even more spectacular. I'd had apaki (smoked pork) and it was heavenly. The wine flowed. Too much wine, perhaps? Ended the night laughing like a loon with a local. I swear to god, I woke up the next morning and the taverna was just a glorious blur. Almost broke me, in a good way.
Day 3: Coastal Dreams & a Sea of Confusion
Morning (The Drive from Hell, Part II): Packed up Thessa. The road to the coast… well, you know. Winding, cliff-hugging, slightly terrifying. My knuckles were white by the time I arrived at the village of Milina.
Mid-Morning (Milina Bliss…briefly): Milina was beautiful. Small, quiet, the sea sparkled. Found a perfect little beach, and spent the morning swimming, sunbathing, and pretending to be a Greek goddess. For exactly two hours, and then, the sun was too strong.
Afternoon (Finding a Beach That Wasn't Overcrowded): Trying to find another beach, anywhere I could drop my towel without stepping on someone. I drove…and drove…and drove. Found a beach…but it was really nothing to write home about.
Evening (The "Best" Dinner of the Trip? (Debatable)): Tried to find another restaurant to eat…but there was nothing of interest. I ended up finding a small cafe and ate a very average pasta.
Day 4: Departure & the Bitter-Sweet Goodbyes
Morning (One Last Breakfast): One last breakfast at my hotel in Portaria - ordered a mountain tea with honey. Had tears in my eyes.
Mid-Morning (Goodbye, Thessa!): Driving to the airport. Thessa was a trusty steed, despite it all.
Afternoon (The Airport, the Final Challenge): Airport was crowded. Flight was delayed.
Evening (Arriving Home): Getting back home. Tired. Sunburned. Slightly sun-stroked.
Final Thoughts:
Pelion is a wild, chaotic, beautiful, and utterly exhausting place. It's got its flaws (roads, goats, the potential for near-death experiences), but it's seeped in a charm and beauty that I didn't expect. I think I left a piece of my heart there. Or maybe a lung. Not quite sure. But if you decide to go, be prepared for the unexpected. And bring comfortable (but stylish) shoes. You'll thank me later. And watch out for the goats. Seriously, they're judging you.
Uncover the Secrets of Maison De Dora: Pisa's Hidden Gem!

