
Unbelievable Corsican Bergerie Near Paris: 12 Guests, Jacuzzi!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Unbelievable Corsican Bergerie Near Paris: 12 Guests, Jacuzzi! – not a hotel, mind you, but a bergerie! Which, for those of us not fluent in sheep-speak, basically means a shepherd's hut…but this ain't your grandpa's rustic shack. This place promises 12 guests tucked away near Paris, and… a jacuzzi! Sold! Let's get down and dirty with this review, shall we?
Accessibility & Safety…Or, The Great Staircase Challenge (and a whole lot of sanitizing!)
Look, I'm gonna be brutally honest: Accessibility is…complicated. They say "Facilities for disabled guests", but I'm seeing a lot of potential for some hairy situations. Wheelchair accessible? Gotta investigate that thoroughly before booking if you're reliant on one. Then, there are the exterior corridors, which, depending on the bergerie layout, could either be charming or a logistical Everest.
Cleanliness & Safety? They're TRYING. The "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," and "Rooms sanitized between stays" get a HUGE thumbs up. I'm a germaphobe at heart, so that's music to my ears. "Individually-wrapped food options" and "Safe dining setup" are also reassuring in this post-pandemic world. The staff being "trained in safety protocols"? Yes, please! They even have "Professional-grade sanitizing services." Phew! I’m exhausted just thinking about booking, but at least they seem to be on top of the disinfecting and that counts!
And don't even get me started on the stairs…
We're talking about navigating them with luggage, after a few glasses of that delicious Corsican wine they apparently have. The safety aspects are good, with "CCTV in common areas," "CCTV outside property," "Fire extinguisher," "Smoke alarms,"…but again, the accessibility aspect feels a bit… fuzzy. And let's hope the hand sanitizer isn’t the kind that makes your hands smell like a hospital hallway!
Internet, Internet…Wherefore Art Thou, Internet?
Okay, so Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Free!). Excellent. Necessary for, you know, life in the 21st century. "Internet access – wireless" also included (duh). But I'm a bit side-eyed about the "Internet access – LAN." Really? Remember LAN cables? That's like…ancient history. But hey, I'm not judging. Just trying to figure out what constitutes "Unbelievable" in the internet department.
Let's Talk Fun & Relaxation: Jacuzzis, Saunas, and the Elusive "Pool with a View"
So, Jacuzzi! Must. Have. That's the headline! But, like, is it a good jacuzzi? Temperature regulation? Bubble power? Location? The details matter, people!
Sauna, Spa, Steamroom, Spa/Sauna? And a Fitness Center? Now we're talking. Picture this: Stress melting away like ice cream in July. The fitness center will certainly come in handy if all those delicious croissants are a temptation.
Swimming pool: Outdoor. Okay, more details needed. It's the crucial question; where's the Pool with a view!? Can you glimpse Paris in the distance? Imagine taking a dip under the stars after a long day of…well, being a pampered bergeries dweller.
Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap, foot bath I'll need to make a list of all the reasons I'm stressed, and then cross them off one by one as I get massaged.
The Culinary Chaos: Breakfast, Bars, and Buffets (Oh My!)
Culinary Experience
- Restaurants, Bar, Poolside bar, Coffee shop, Snack bar: Okay, we're getting a picture here. The snack bar could be a winner for lazy afternoon nibbles. "Coffee/tea in restaurant" and "Coffee/tea maker" in the room? Crucial. Caffeine is my lifeblood.
- Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service: Breakfast in room! Yes! Because no one looks cute when they're stumbling to a buffet before they've had their first coffee.
- A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: Diversity is the spice of life, thank gosh. I'm not sure about a vegetarian restaurant, but I AM thrilled by the possibility of Asian cuisine.
- Happy hour, Bottle of water: You know, the essentials.
Eating at the Bergerie
- Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant: What's the dessert situation? Asking for a friend… who is me.
The Fine Print: Services, Conveniences, and That All-Important "Doorman"
Services and Conveniences
- Daily housekeeping: Yay! So I don't have to lift a finger!
- Concierge: A must to manage my requests.
- Air conditioning in public area and rooms: Thank goodness!
- Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events: Okay, so it's a venue too? I'm starting to get the idea that this place is designed for…a party.
- Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange: Always good to have.
- Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Ironing service: Yes to all of these!
- Convenience store: Could be handy for forgotten essentials.
Business Facilities
- Meetings, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Meeting/banquet facilities, Seminars, Projector/LED display I'm picturing some sort of corporate retreat, but at least you can have a good time.
The Extra Touches
- Luggage storage: Essential.
- Safe dining setup: Okay, I'm more and more at ease.
- Safety deposit boxes: Always a good idea.
- Food delivery: Takeout! From where? Hopefully something divine?!
- Invoice provided: For those business folk.
- Gift/souvenir shop: If you need to bring something back to remember the trip.
- Essential condiments: Very important!
For the Kids (and the Big Kids at Heart)
- Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Babysitting service, Kids meal: The "For the kids" section is a bit thin. A "Babysitting service" is a good start, but I'm left wondering…is this a kid-friendly place, or is it just…child-accommodating?
The Rooms: Where the Magic (Hopefully) Happens
- Rooms…the Good, the Bad, and the "Is That a Mini Bar?"
- Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes: Awesome.
- Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea: Essential.
- Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed: I need a long bed, and I need it now.
- Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor: Please, let me have a high floor!
- In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar Yes, yes, and yes to everything here. I'm dreaming of the mini-bar.
- Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Seems like they've thought of everything.
The "Unbelievable" Factor…and the "Dealbreakers"
Look, this place sounds decent. But the "Unbelievable" part? That's a tough sell without a REALLY killer jacuzzi AND a ridiculously picturesque pool. The accessibility issues are a concern, and some of the…less glamorous service offerings (like "Cash withdrawal") don't exactly scream "luxury escape."
MY UNFILTERED FINAL VERDICT:
I am intrigued, BUT…book with caution. Assess your needs carefully. Call them and get some real answers about accessibility, especially if you require it. And demand photos of that jacuzzi! Is it big enough for 12 people? Because I'm imagining a party. Also, I need to know: Is there a view?
NOW, FOR THE PERSUASIVE OFFER (Because We Need to GET PEOPLE BOOKING!)
Unbelievable Corsican Bergerie Near Paris: 12 Guests, Jacuzzi! – Your Parisian Escape Awaits!
T
Luxury Awaits: Uncover Paradise at Lampung Marriott Resort & Spa!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain’t your Grandma’s meticulously planned itinerary. We're going rogue. We're going… Corsica-Paris-Varennes-Jarcy, Luxury Bergerie style. And by "Luxury," I mean we’re trying to be fancy, but knowing me, there'll be a rogue sock in the jacuzzi and a near-miss with a grumpy French waiter. Here we go:
The Grand (and Slightly Unhinged) Corsica-Paris-Varennes-Jarcy Adventure: A Travelogue of Chaos
Phase 1: Corsica – Land of Sunshine, Seafood, and Potential Disaster
(Day 1-3): Arrival & Corsican Bliss… or Bust.
- Morning: Okay, so the flight to Corsica… let's just say I should have sprung for noise-canceling headphones. The screaming toddler situation was… intense. Anyway, we landed! Sun blazed, the air smelled like wild herbs and impending adventure. First impressions of the bergerie? Stunning. Stone walls, views that make you want to weep (in a good way!), and the promise of that jacuzzi. Oh, the jacuzzi. I'm already planning my post-dinner soak.
- Afternoon: Driving. In Corsica. This is where things get interesting. The roads are narrow. And the Corsicans… well, let's just say they have a different definition of "personal space." We somehow navigated the hairpin turns to a tiny, picture-perfect village. Lunch was a feast of fresh seafood. I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in grilled octopus. (Side note: the octopus was so tender and flavourful I could have cried. I did, momentarily, when a particularly sharp-tongued seagull tried to steal my bread.)
- Evening: Jacuzzi time! Champagne (a cheap one, but hey, it's bubbly!), stars twinkling, and a feeling of pure, unadulterated bliss. Until the champagne gave me a slight headache. Rookie mistake. Also, I think I saw a gecko. I'm terrified of geckos. This trip is already testing my boundaries, physically and emotionally. The night was a blur of stars, bubbly, and vague gecko-related paranoia.
(Day 4-5): Island Exploration & Existential Dread (Kidding. Mostly.)
- Morning: Boat trip! We hired a little boat to explore the coast. The water was crystal clear, the cliffs dramatic, and the other tourists… well, they existed. Snorkelling was a highlight. Saw a fish that looked like it was judging me. Seriously, the sea life here is opinionated.
- Afternoon: Driving again! (Send help, or at least a GPS that doesn't intermittently lose signal.) Found a hidden beach. Pure paradise. Sun, sand, and the sound of the waves. Life, for a brief moment, felt perfect. Until I attempted to build a sandcastle and promptly buried my phone. Oops.
- Evening: Dinner at a local restaurant. Tried the figatellu (Corsican sausage). It was… interesting. Bold. Let's just say it's not for the faint of heart, or those with sensitive stomachs. The wine, however, was divine. The waiter, though charming, seemed highly amused by my reaction to the sausage. I suspect he secretly enjoys watching tourists squirm.
(Day 6): Corsican Farewell & The Paris Panic
- Morning: Last breakfast in Corsica. Seriously contemplating extending the trip. This could be a life-or-death, go all-in, or stay home and watch TV, I felt that the view was glorious and peaceful.
- Afternoon: Flying out. The airport was chaos incarnate. Delayed flight. Missing luggage (mine, naturally). Suddenly, felt the pressure to rush to the next destination.
- Evening: We're in Paris! Oh, the irony. My luggage? Still in Corsica. My mood? Approaching deflated. The hotel is… well, it's a hotel. Not the bergerie. Not the jacuzzi. The sheer urbanity is jarring. We're in Paris! And all I want is a gin and tonic and a long soak in a jacuzzi that doesn't involve a rogue gecko.
Phase 2: Paris – The City of Lights and Questionable Choices
(Day 7-8): Paris - Hitting The Ground Running (Or Tumbling Headfirst)
- Morning: Sightseeing, in a whirlwind. Eiffel Tower (impressive! But the queues… ugh.). Louvre (saw the Mona Lisa. Smaller than expected, but hey, I saw it!). Notre Dame (still under construction, but the grandeur remains). I’m basically a walking stereotype at this point.
- Afternoon: Shopping! (Because I had no clothes in Paris, thanks to the missing luggage.) Found a cute little boutique. Spent way too much money. Justified it by saying "it's therapy."
- Evening: Dinner in Montmartre. Street musicians, charming cobblestone streets, and… a near-miss with a waiter who clearly hated tourists. He gave me the death glare after I accidentally knocked over my wine. (Okay, it might have been a bit more than a near-miss. The wine went everywhere.)
(Day 9): Louvre Double-Down and the Lost Luggage Saga Continues(
- Morning: Okay, confession. I was so overwhelmed by the Louvre the first time, I barely saw anything. So, back to the Louvre! Determined to soak it all in. This time focused on the sculptures. So much detail! My neck is killing me from looking up. Found one, however, that perfectly captured my mood: Le Silence, a beautiful statue of a person shushing a noisy crowd.
- Afternoon: Contact luggage retrieval services. Still no luggage. The airline? Vague and unhelpful. Beginning to suspect a conspiracy. I’m half-convinced it's currently enjoying a beach vacation in Corsica, laughing at my Parisian plight.
- Evening: Tried to find a good French restaurant. This is the tricky part. The one I found had a bad-tempered waiter and awful food. So I skipped the restaurant, bought a pizza and ended up drinking a bottle of wine in a park.
(Day 10): Parisian Escapism & The Journey to the 'Burbs
- Morning: Escape the city! We took a quick trip to the gardens of Versailles. Magnificent, overwhelming, and crowded. Still, some space to breathe.
- Afternoon: Packing to head to Varennes-Jarcy and trying to find my luggage.
- Evening: Train ride to Varennes-Jarcy. The suburbs. Relief.
Phase 3: Varennes-Jarcy – The Bergerie, The Jacuzzi, and The Ultimate Relaxation (Maybe?)
(Day 11-13): Bergerie Bliss & Jacuzzi Dreams (Finally!)
- Morning: Arrival at the bergerie in Varennes-Jarcy. It’s even more beautiful than I imagined. Rolling hills, fields of wildflowers, and… a jacuzzi! I can’t contain my excitement.
- Afternoon: Jacuzzi time! (Finally!) Bliss! The water is warm, the sky is blue, and the world seems perfect. I drank the last of the champagne. Oops.
- Evening: Long walks. Quiet evenings. A sense of peace has finally enveloped me. It's gorgeous here.
(Day 14): The Final Stretch and Goodbye!
- Morning: Last breakfast. Soaking in the last moments of peace.
- Afternoon: Prepare to go home. The luggage still hasn't arrived, however, I could care less.
- Evening: Departure.
Final Thoughts (and a Stream of Consciousness Rambling):
Wow. What a trip. Corsica… Paris… Varennes-Jarcy… it's been a rollercoaster of emotions, from idyllic bliss to near-meltdowns. I lost my luggage, I almost died of sausage-related trauma, I nearly drowned my phone, and I'm pretty sure I offended a waiter or two. But you know what? It was amazing. Every moment, even the messy ones, filled with laughter, discovery, and some serious self-reflection (mostly about my questionable choices).
Would I do it again? Absolutely. Maybe I'll pack my own bubble bath this time, and definitely invest in noise-canceling headphones. And maybe… just maybe… I'll finally learn to navigate those Corsican roads. Or not. The chaos is part of the fun, right? Cheers to the messy, beautiful, imperfect journey! Au revoir for now, and I promise to have a better travel planner next time. Or not.
Escape to Tuscany: B&B La Corte Sant'Antimo's Unforgettable Italian Getaway
OMG, Corsican Bergerie Near Paris: The Truth (and a Whole Lotta Questions!)

