
Escape to Paradise: Daluyon Beach & Mountain Resort, Palawan Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're diving headfirst into Escape to Paradise: Daluyon Beach & Mountain Resort in Palawan. This isn't going to be your dry, boring hotel review. This is real life, baby, with all its glorious, messy imperfections. And trust me, after spending a week there, I've got opinions.
First Impressions Are a Messy Situation (But They Matter…Kinda)
Let's be honest, getting to Palawan is an adventure in itself. Landing at the Puerto Princesa airport and hopping into a waiting van felt like stepping into a travel brochure… for a few minutes. The initial drive to Daluyon is…long. Like, "are we there yet?" long. But then, BAM! As you start getting closer, hints of the resort peek through the trees and oh man, the anticipation builds. The check-in? Smooth, blessedly smooth. They even offer contactless check-in/out which felt super safe.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (Don't Panic!)
Okay, let's get real about accessibility. This is a big one for a lot of us. And while Daluyon tries, it's not perfect. They do have facilities for disabled guests, and there's a doorman (always a plus, right?). There's also an elevator, which is HUGE. They also have a front desk (24 hours) - which makes me feel safe. However, the terrain itself is… well, hilly. Think gorgeous views, dramatic cliffs, and… not always the easiest path for a wheelchair. BUT, they work hard to accommodate. Communicate your needs before you arrive, and they'll likely find a way. I saw staff helping guests and being really considerate, so that's a huge win in my book.
The Room: Your Own Little Paradise (Mostly!)
The rooms… oh, the rooms. I opted for a room with a window that opens, a desk, and internet access – wireless. These are the basics, but trust me, even soundproof rooms are a luxury when you want to escape the noise and just be in your little space. I had a complimentary tea and free bottled water. The bed was comfy, the bathrobes are a hug in fabric form, and the dark curtains are essential for those glorious afternoon naps. The toiletries were nice, but I'm particular about shampoo, so I brought my own. They even have a mirror - perfect for selfies! They have extra long beds, which is a blessing for taller people. There's also a safety box in-room, which is a nice touch.
Food, Glorious Food (And My Conflicted Feelings About It)
Let's talk about dining, drinking, and snacking! Daluyon has multiple restaurants, including an Asian cuisine in restaurant, a *vegetarian restaurant, and offering *international cuisine in restaurant*. They have a *poolside bar* for a quick happy hour cocktail. They have breakfast service, which is a buffet in restaurant, and it's decent. The breakfast buffet has a coffee/tea in restaurant, salad in restaurant, and soup in restaurant.
The a la carte in restaurant options are decent too! I had the most amazing desserts in restaurant one night - a chocolate lava cake that nearly made me weep from happiness. The coffee shop, on the other hand, was a bit hit-or-miss. Sometimes the coffee was fantastic, sometimes it was… well, let's just say it needed a serious upgrade.
Let's just say I had a few too many bottle of water from the room service [24-hour].
Things to Do: Relaxation Overload (But in the BEST Way!)
Okay, this is where Daluyon shines. This place is designed for pure, unadulterated relaxation.
- Spa & Sauna: Oh, the Spa! I had a massage that was so good, I almost fell asleep on the table. They offer a body scrub and body wrap that left my skin feeling like silk. There's also a Sauna, a steam room, and a foot bath. Spa/sauna lovers, this is your place.
- Pools and Views: The swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning, but the pool with a view is the real star. The views from the pool are breathtaking, and there's something about watching the sunset while floating in the water that just… resets the soul.
- Fitness Center: They also have a gym/fitness, in case you feel guilty after all the food and cocktails.
- Things to do: They have a shrine which provides ways to relax.
Cleanliness and Safety: They're Trying Hard (And That Counts)
Daluyon is clearly taking cleanliness and safety seriously. They use anti-viral cleaning products, have daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. There's hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff are trained in safety protocol. They’re also practicing physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Safe dining setup, Cashless payment service, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. It's not perfect (no place is!), and there are plenty of places that are imperfect! However, the effort is there, and that’s half the battle.
The Internet: A Necessary Evil, Sometimes (Thank God for Free Wi-Fi!)
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the internet gods! This is a huge selling point for me. Also, there is Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, and Internet services, which are available. Just note that Palawan's internet isn't the fastest. Don't expect blazing speeds, and accept the fact that you might have to disconnect once in a while and actually relax.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference
- Concierge is available to help with anything you need.
- Daily housekeeping keeps everything clean and tidy, and they are lovely, always smiling.
- Laundry service is available, which is hugely appreciated.
- They offer a gift/souvenir shop, which is dangerous for my wallet.
- Car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site]!
- Front desk [24-hour] - this gives me peace of mind.
- First aid kit and doctor/nurse on call are available, which is reassuring.
For the Kids (Or Just the Young at Heart!)
Family/child friendly - so good for this resort. However, I didn't see to many things for kids. There is a babysitting service, if you ask.
Getting Around: Airport Transfers - Yes! Taxi? Not So Much!
They offer airport transfer, which is a MUST.
Quirks, Imperfections, and Real Talk… It's Life!
Okay, here's the down-and-dirty.
The Negatives:
- *Limited options for vegetarians, more *vegetarian restaurant options* would be great.*
- The internet can be patchy, but it can be helpful.
- The hike from some rooms to the main area is challenging.
The Verdict: Go, Just GO!
Escape to Paradise: Daluyon Beach & Mountain Resort isn't perfect. But it's damn close. It's a place where you can truly switch off, unwind, and reconnect with yourself (and maybe a loved one). It's a place where the staff genuinely care about your experience. It's a place that will stay with you long after you leave.
My Final Opinion?
I loved it. I really, really loved it. You will too. Go. Book it. You deserve it.
SEO-Optimized Persuasive Offer to Book Daluyon Beach & Mountain Resort:
Escape to Paradise: Daluyon Beach & Mountain Resort - Your Palawan Dream Awaits!
Tired of the daily grind? Yearning for pristine beaches, turquoise waters, and pure relaxation? Then pack your bags and prepare to be swept away by the beauty of Daluyon Beach & Mountain Resort in Palawan, Philippines!
Here's why you NEED to book your escape NOW:
- Unparalleled Relaxation: Indulge in world-class spa treatments, from rejuvenating body scrubs and body wraps to soothing masssages in a tranquil spa setting with a sauna and steam room. Take a dip in the stunning pool with a view and let your worries melt away.
- Breathtaking Views: Wake up to panoramic ocean vistas and lush mountain scenery, making every moment a photo opportunity.
- Unforgettable Dining Experiences: Savor delectable cuisine at our restaurants, featuring Asian cuisine, vegetarian options, and international dishes. Sip cocktails at the poolside bar while basking in the Palawan sunshine.
- Comfort and Convenience: Enjoy

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because my trip to Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort in Palawan? Yeah, it was less "organized travel itinerary" and more… well, a beautiful, chaotic, and utterly glorious mess. Think of it as a travel journal crossed with a therapy session. Here's the nitty-gritty, the good, the bad, and the sand-covered ugly:
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Beach Panic (Followed by Tacos)
- Morning (Okay, late morning): Landed in Puerto Princesa. Holy moly, the humidity hit me like a wet towel to the face. My hair immediately went full-on Medusa. The transfer to Daluyon was… well, let's just say the van driver seemed to think he was in a Fast & Furious movie on a dirt track. Kept sending us flying every time he hit a bump.
- Afternoon: The Check-In Debacle: Reached Daluyon! Gorgeous view, right? Wrong. They'd somehow lost my reservation. (Again, ahem) I was a flailing, sweaty mess, certain I was going to be sleeping on the beach! Thankfully, after a bit of frantic email-checking and pleading (and a few strategic puppy-dog eyes), they found a room. A freaking amazing room with a balcony overlooking the beach. Crisis averted. But that initial panic? Yeah, it's the kind of thing that makes you rethink your entire life.
- Mid-Afternoon: Beach Bliss… & the Sand Flea Massacre: Finally, BEACH TIME. The sand was so white, it practically glowed. The water? Crystal clear, turquoise perfection. I thought, "This is it. Heaven." Then the sand fleas happened. Remember those little buggers? Yeah, they absolutely feasted on my ankles. The itching was INSTANT, a burning sensation that threatened to ruin everything. I considered a full-body immersion in seawater as a form of punishment.
- Evening: Tacos and Self-Pity: Drove to a little Taco place for comfort food. The tacos were, as always, a balm to the soul. Ate as I watched the sunset and the memory of all those sand flea bites start to fade. Decided to embrace the imperfection. Maybe I'll get another shower, and maybe I'll think of a new itinerary.
Day 2: Sabang River Exploration and the Greatest Cliff Diving Attempt Ever
- Morning: The Sabang River Saga: Okay, the Mangrove River tour was legit incredible. The boat guide did an amazing job pointing out all the birds and monkeys and all the amazing life. Truly mesmerizing. Was tempted to jump in, but the guide explained there were crocodiles, that was an easy no for me.
- Afternoon: Cliff Diving (More Like Cliff-Adjacent Dipping) At Sabang Beach Thought I was a brave explorer. I scaled a rock with a "cliff" that had someone saying it was a great place to jump. I was so sure I was going to be that thrill-seeker, that daredevil. But then I came up to the crest, looked down, and felt a sudden, overwhelming sense of… well, fear. The water looked a mile below. It's a long drop. I teetered on the edge for a solid five minutes, my heart hammering against my ribs, and all kinds of doubt. Eventually… I very gingerly, baby-stepped my way down. Okay, so I didn't technically dive. I did a sort of… controlled descent. A majestic, graceful… flop. But the water was amazing, and that's what really matters, right?
- Evening: A Night of Relaxation and Karaoke (Mostly Self-Aware Awfulness) Back at the resort. Dinner. Drinks. Karaoke. Honestly, after the cliff-diving incident, I thought, "What the heck? I'll try karaoke." Let's just say, I don't think I will be getting any recording contracts anytime soon. But the laughter? Priceless. I swear, I haven't laughed so hard in ages. I really think I saw someone cry while I was singing.
Day 3: The Secret Beach Day and the Unofficial Hammock Olympics
- Morning: Seeking Seclusion: Finally, a day to truly chill. The resort staff had tipped me off about a "secret" beach nearby. It entailed a fun hike (which, okay, was more like tripping over tree roots with stunning views). Found a deserted stretch of sand. Pure, unadulterated bliss. No crowds. No sand fleas (thank the heavens!). Just me, the ocean, and the sound of my own thoughts. (Which, let's face it, can be a real rollercoaster ride of emotions).
- Afternoon: Hammock Olympics (Competitor: Me, Myself, and I): Back at the resort, there was an array of hammocks. My mission? To find the perfect hammock. And then, to master the art of hammock relaxation. This required intense focus, careful positioning, and a significant amount of trial and error. I battled with the hammock for a good hour. Eventually, I achieved a state of near-perfect horizontal bliss. I think I even fell asleep for a bit.
- Evening: Final Dinner and the Sinking Feeling: Last night. sob. I swear, I felt a pang of sadness knowing I was leaving. We had a fantastic meal. They had so much seafood. Amazing. Great drinks. But there was also that creeping sense of it's finally time to go.
Day 4: Departure and the Promise to Return (Someday When I'm Less Clumsy)
- Morning: Last Swim and Packing in a Panic: Another swim/ I wanted to soak up every last moment. Packing was a disaster. Found sand in EVERYTHING. My passport, my camera, even my shoes.
- Afternoon: Goodbye and the "I'll Be Back!" Vow: The drive back to Puerto Princesa airport was a little smoother this time. (Maybe the driver had a pep talk). Said goodbye to the view. I think I'll come back to Palawan someday. I'll be less clumbsy, and maybe I'll know the secret to defeating sand fleas! More than anything, I'll remember the laughter, the beauty, and the sweet, silly messiness of it all. And that, my friends, is a trip worth taking.

Escape to Paradise: Daluyon Beach & Mountain Resort, Palawan Awaits! ... or Does It? A Messy FAQ
1. Okay, so… Where *Exactly* is this "Paradise"? And is the sand REALLY that white?
Alright, deep breath. Daluyon is nestled in Sabang, Palawan. Think… Jurassic Park vibes meets picture-perfect beach. The sand? Mostly white. *Mostly*. Okay, fine, sometimes it's a bit… beige. The light changes, you know? One minute you're Instagramming perfection, the next, you’re thinking, "Hmm, maybe I need a filter." Don't expect the *whitest* sand you've ever seen, but it's definitely pretty. The bigger question is: can you *handle* the heat? (That's a whole other story, trust me.)
2. What's the vibe? Over-the-top luxury or chilled-out barefoot-beach-bumming?
It's… a bit of both, actually. Daluyon *tries* to lean towards luxury, but it's definitely got a laid-back Palawan-y feel. Think, "Nice rooms with air conditioning, but the staff might still be a little on ‘island time’." The pool? Gorgeous. The food? Sometimes amazing, sometimes you're wondering if the chef had a bad day. I'm still haunted by a slightly overcooked...octopus. But the sunsets? Unforgettable. And that makes up for *a lot*.
3. Okay, the rooms...Are they decent? Because sometimes, "resort" means "shack with a good view."
The rooms are… *good*. Not palatial, not Four Seasons-level. They're clean, generally spacious, well-equipped (aircon, thank GOD), and the views are usually fantastic. I stayed in one that had a balcony that overlooked the rainforest. Every morning, I woke up to the sounds of monkeys... seriously. Monkeys! Honestly, it felt like being in a nature documentary, until you realize you forgot your bug spray and the mosquitos started their own documentary...on *you*. Okay, so there was a slight water pressure hiccup in the shower one day, but nothing that ruined the experience. They’re definitely better than any "shack with a good view" situation, and the beds are comfy, which is the most important thing, right?
4. About that Food: What Kinds of Food? Is it Worth the Price? (Because I'm a picky eater).
Okay, the food situation... It's a journey. They have a restaurant on-site, and they offer a mix of Filipino and International dishes. The breakfast buffet is pretty solid; omelet station? Yes, please! The a la carte menu... well, it's hit or miss. Some dishes are divine (the grilled fish was *amazing*), others… not so much. The prices? Resort prices. So, yes, expect to pay more than you would in a local eatery. Is it worth it? Hmm. If convenience is king, then yes. If you're on a tight budget, maybe venture out into Sabang town for some cheaper options. The real magic? The fresh fruit smoothies. *Those* are worth every penny. So refreshing after a day on the beach. And honestly, even with the hiccups, I still think back to that grilled fish and dream about it. (I need to stop thinking about it... I'm getting hungry.)
5. What Activities are actually *doable*? And is the Underground River even worth the hype?
Oh, the activities! This is where Daluyon really shines. The Underground River tour is… iconic. It's touristy, yes, but genuinely breathtaking. You sit in a small boat, and the guides point out all sorts of rock formations that look like… well, whatever you’re imagining at the moment. Prepare for crowds and lots of boat traffic. But *that river*. The scale of the cave is something else. I'll be honest, you’ll probably only spend about 30 minutes actually *in* the cave, but the whole experience is memorable. The other activities? Beach bumming, of course. Hiking. There's a beautiful waterfall nearby (bring sturdy shoes, it's a decent trek). Kayaking is also an option. They have a small pool, too, which is a godsend after a day of exploring. Just be prepared for the occasional power outage. (It's Palawan, after all.)
6. The Staff… are they actually helpful, or is it a 'pretend to be helpful' kind of situation?
The staff… Ah, the staff. They're generally very friendly and the front desk is pretty efficient. But I will say, ‘island time’ is *real*. Patience is a virtue. Sometimes, it takes a little while to get things done. I had to ask for extra towels, like, *three times*. But they were always smiling and apologetic. I felt bad; they seemed genuinely concerned. So yes, they *do* try. It may not be lightning-fast, but the smiles and the effort are there. They certainly made up for a few imperfections. You get the feeling they really *want* you to have a good time. (And I did.)
7. Okay, let's get specific. That whole Underground River thing. What's the *real* story? The crowds? The logistics? Tell me the *truth*!
Alright, the Underground River experience, in all its glory and slight chaos. You *will* queue. You *will* be surrounded by other tourists. It's unavoidable. The process: you get on a boat in Sabang, motor to the river mouth, and then transfer to a smaller boat to enter the cave. Queuing for the permits, Queuing for the boat, inside you are moving slowly. It's very organized, but you may still feel like cattle. The guides are knowledgeable and point out all the interesting rock formations. The whole thing takes about an hour, including the journey and the time inside the cave. Some might find it a bit rushed. BUT, listen: the darkness, the sheer scale of the cave, the feeling of being *under* the earth... it's genuinely awe-inspiring. It’s one of those things you just have to experience for yourself. I remember thinking, "Wow," and then, "Okay. Next." It was a bit of a whirlwind, but I'm so glad I did it. Pack light, wear comfortable shoes that can get wet, and be prepared to be wowed. Just don't expect a solo adventure – you’re sharing the experience with the world.
8. The Beach? Is it Swimmable? Is it Clean? All the Important Questions!
The beach situation is… good! Swimmable? Yes! Clean? Mostly. The water is clear and generally calm, perfect for swimming. Remember to bring your reef-safe sunscreen, because, youRest Nest Hotels

