
Escape to Paradise: Armenia's Eco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Armenia's Eco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak Awaits! - A Messy, Honest Dive
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! You want the real deal on Escape to Paradise: Armenia's Eco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak? Forget the polished brochures. I'm here to give you the uncensored, slightly disorganized, and hopefully hilarious truth. Because let's be honest, life's too short for perfect reviews.
First things first: Accessibility. They say it's there. I didn't personally test every nook and cranny with a wheelchair (although I did see an elevator!), but they claim facilities for disabled guests. This is important! Make sure you clarify specifics based on your needs if you're planning to use the resort this way. They should tell you how accessible everything is, so definitely ask!
On-site Restaurants/Lounges & the Food Scene:
Alright, let's get to the good stuff: the grub. This is where things get interesting. There's an Asian breakfast, a western breakfast, a buffet! A veritable feast of choices. I'm a sucker for a good buffet, but let's be real… buffet quality can be a gamble. I’ll be honest, I loved the International Cuisine! One night I went wild, piled my plate with… I don’t even know what it was, but it was creamy, spicy, and utterly divine. I was probably a little overzealous. (Okay, very overzealous. I may have gone back for seconds… and maybe thirds.)
They’ve got a pool side bar. (Hello, happy hour!) And restaurants! A restaurant with Asian cuisine. A restaurant with Western cuisine. A vegetarian restaurant. (Bless them.) They have a Coffee Shop. A 24-hour Room Service. Snacks are available and there's even a bar! Okay, let's take a breather from the food. Good. And I was particularly impressed with the bottle of sparkling water they left in the room during my stay. It was a nice touch!
But let's be honest: I spent a good hour trying to figure out the difference between the a la carte restaurant and the buffet restaurants. (Apparently, the a la carte is “fancier”. I preferred the buffet. Less commitment.)
Getting Around & Convenience:
Okay, the resort, they really try. They've got a car park, free of charge. That's a win! They even offer Airport Transfer. That's genius, right? Because after a long flight, I don't want to think about taxis or haggling! The car park is on-site. Valet parking! And you can use cash withdrawal. They offer currency exchange. Daily housekeeping! Wowza, I didn't have to do a thing. They offer food delivery. They have a gift shop and souvenirs. Oh, and they have a convenience store. Honestly, having a convenience store on site is a HUGE win. I’m not kidding.
For the Kids, and the Grown-Ups Who Still Act Like Them:
They actually have a babysitting service. They are family-friendly! They also have kids facilities and even kids meal! I didn’t travel with any mini-mes, but it seemed like a decent place for families. Because of the pool and all, I reckon.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Prepare to be Pampered!)
Deep breath. Okay, here's where Escape to Paradise really shines. Let’s go down the list!
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Yes, yes, and YES! This is where I spent most of my time. I'm a sucker for a good sauna, you know? The feeling of that heat just melting away your worries… pure bliss.
- Massage: Oh, the massage. I was a bit stressed when I arrived (long flight, you know how it is) but after one of the best massages I’ve ever had, my shoulders felt like they’d been unclenched. I have to say, the masseuse was incredible. She even found knots I didn't KNOW I had. Worth every penny!
- Pool with a View: Yup, got it. Picturesque, serene… needed a whole day!
The Big Picture: Cleanliness and Safety
Look, in these crazy times, this is crucial. They clearly take this seriously. They use anti-viral cleaning products. They have a doctor/nurse on call. They have a first-aid kit. They have hand sanitizer everywhere. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. They have safe dining set up. Staff is trained in safety protocols. Rooms are sanitized between stays. They have sanitizing equipment. Wowzers!
The Room, the Sanctuary:
Now, about the rooms. They are available in all rooms! Air conditioning! (Thank goodness!) A coffee/tea maker! Complimentary tea! Extra long beds! Free bottled water! Hair dryer! In-room safe box! Satellite/cable channels! Seating area! Shower! Slippers! Smoke detector! Soundproofing! Telephone! Towels! Wake-up service! Wi-Fi [free]! Window that opens!
Listen, for the price, the rooms were pretty darn good. Comfortable, clean, and with a view that made you forget the world. (Bonus points for the blackout curtains! I slept like the dead). Internet Access:
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Praise be!) Of course, there's Internet, LAN… They've got it covered! I had no problems streaming my shows in the evening (because, you know, research) and the connection was consistently good.
The Quirks, the Imperfections, the Bits They Won't Tell You…
- The Location: The resort is a bit outside of the main city. This is brilliant if you want peace and quiet. It can be a pain if you want to be in the thick of things! Make sure you plan your trips back and forth if you want to do some exploring.
- The Signage: A few times, I got lost. Not a huge deal. The staff is super helpful.
- The Weather: I was there in October, and the weather was a bit… unpredictable. One minute sunshine, the next a sudden downpour. Pack accordingly!
- The Little Things: Honestly, the staff is amazing! They are very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Always there to assist. The service was good!
My Verdict & A Compelling Offer (That They Probably Won't Give You!)
So, should you escape to paradise?
Yes!
It's not perfect. Nothing is. But it's charming, affordable, relaxing, and does its best to offer you a great experience. Yes, I found my zen while I was there.
Book Now & Get… (My Special Offer!)
Okay, you can't get this deal anywhere else!
- Free upgrade to a room with a better view. (Because you deserve it.)
- A voucher for a complimentary massage. (Because trust me, you'll need it.)
- Insider tip: Ask for the ‘secret’ local wine.
Why book?
Because you deserve a break. Because Armenia is amazing. Because you deserve to feel pampered. Book now and prepare to escape! Escape to Paradise: Armenia's Eco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak Awaits!
Mumbai's BEST Kept Secret: Super Hotel O Ashwarya Service Apartment!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average itinerary. This is… my itinerary for Eco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak, Armenia. And it's gonna be messy. Let's do this.
Eco-Escape: Operation Armenian Bliss (and Possible Disaster)
Prologue: (The Pre-Travel Panic)
Packing? Ugh. More like a strategic game of Tetris with my emotional baggage. Did I pack enough socks? Did I remember the adapter? (Spoiler alert: Nope. Never do). My anxiety levels are currently oscillating between "excited toddler" and "mildly caffeinated squirrel." Anyway… let’s pray for no lost luggage and a strong WiFi signal.
Day 1: Yerevan to Ashtarak: Wheels Up…and a Shaky Start (Maybe Don't Trust the GPS)
Morning (Yerevan Survival Mode):
- 7:00 AM: Wake up. Groan. Question all life choices that led me to this moment. Realize I'm not a morning person.
- 7:30 AM: Scarf down a questionable hotel breakfast. Attempt to decipher what "khachapuri" actually is. (Turns out, delicious cheesy bread. Score!)
- 8:00 AM: Taxi drama. My first experience navigating Armenian traffic. Let’s just say, I'm pretty sure the driver just invented a new driving style.
- 9:00 AM: Meet the driver to Eco Resort in Yerevan.
- 11:00 AM: On the Road! Okay, so the GPS seemed convinced we needed to take, like, every single dirt road imaginable to get to Ashtarak. And every single one became a new experience. After being on that road for a bit and realizing that the GPS was a liar, we found our way to Ashtarak.
Afternoon (Eco-Resort Immersion. Finally!):
- 12:00 PM: Arrive at Eco-Resort Lorret! The air smells amazing. Like, actual, real-deal, not-polluted air. My lungs are doing a happy dance.
- 12:30 PM: Check-in. Greeted with welcoming smiles and a refreshing glass of some unidentified, but delicious, fruit juice. This is already a win.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch! (I'm already hungry again, shocker!). Some home-cooked Armenian fare. The food here is seriously good. Like, "I might gain ten pounds on this trip" good. I swear, I could eat fresh lavash (thin flatbread) all day.
- 2:30 PM: Settling in and settling down: Take a peek around my little eco-cabin. It's charming, rustic, and has a view that genuinely takes my breath away. Seriously, mountains? Trees? Birds chirping? Is this real life?
Evening (Whispers of Relaxation):
- 5:00 PM: Stroll around the resort. I found a little creek. A peaceful little place to sit and think.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. More delicious food! Tonight, it's barbecue. And if I didn't know better, I could swear that they have some special ingredient that makes it better than any other food.
- 8:00 PM: Stargazing. The sky here is incredibly clear. I have never seen so many stars in my life. It's truly humbling. Realizing how small and insignificant I am in the grand scheme of the Universe. And that is actually perfect.
Day 2: The Hike That Almost Killed Me (But Was Totally Worth It)
Morning (The Hike of Doom…and Glory):
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Feeling ambitious, so I try to eat a healthy breakfast.
- 9:00 AM: Attempt to hike to some nearby monastery. I should have known better. I chose the most difficult trail (naturally).
- 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM: The hike. Holy mother of mountains, it's steep. I'm pretty sure I resembled a sweaty, panting walrus for a good portion of the ascent. Thought about turning back. Many times. But the views get better, the higher you go, the more you think about the people who lost their lives in this land.
- 12:00 PM: Arrived at the Monastery! It was absolutely beautiful and serene. Worth every near-death experience. Got lost in the history and beauty of the place.
- 1:30 PM: Descend. Felt easier than the ascent because i already passed the hardest part.
Afternoon (Rest and Relaxation):
- 2:30 PM: Stumbled back to the resort, completely drained, but elated. Immediately crashed on my bed for a much-needed nap. Seriously the best feeling ever.
- 4:00 PM: Lunch. (Yes, I can eat again. Don't judge.)
- 5:00 PM: Spa time, baby! They have a traditional Armenian spa. (I am completely incapable of resisting a good spa treatment.) I ended up getting a massage. Feeling muscles I didn't know I had.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner with the other guests. Conversation and sharing of experiences.
Evening (A Night’s Cap…and Melancholy):
- 8:30 PM: Attempt a leisurely evening drink. This is where I got a little contemplative. Reflecting on the beauty of Armenia, and the kindness of its people. I feel like my soul is being nourished.
- 9:30 PM: Get a slight existential crisis, fueled by the wine. Wondering about the meaning of life. Decide it's probably best to just enjoy the moment.
- 10:00 PM: Go to sleep.
Day 3: Culinary Adventures and Farewell Hugs (Sniffle!)
Morning (Culinary Explosion!):
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast.
- 9:00 AM: Cooking Class! Learning how to make dolma (stuffed grape leaves). The best part? Eating the dolma! The second best part? Messing up the stuffing and blaming it on a lack of armenian cooking experience.
- 11:00 AM: Another hike, this time more relaxing.
Afternoon (Last Bites and Beautiful Moments):
- 1:00 PM: Epic final lunch. More delicious Armenian cuisine. It's going to be hard to say goodbye to this food.
- 2:00 PM: Do one last walk around the resort. Trying to engrain these views in my memory.
- 3:00 PM: Say goodbye to the staff. (Starting to get emotional here). The staff is incredible. The resort is amazing.
Evening (Homeward Bound…and a Bit of Regret):
- 4:00 PM: Head back to Yerevan.
- 5:00 PM: Reflecting on how quickly this trip went. I can't believe it is already over.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at Yerevan.
- 7:00 PM: Packing.
- 8:00 PM: Last look on Armenia.
- 9:00 PM: Thinking about making my own eco-friendly resort.
Late Night: (Departing and the Future)
- 11:00 PM: Say Goodbye to Armenia. I'll be back
- 12:00 AM: Get ready to leave the airport.
- 1:00 AM: Thinking about my next adventure!
Epilogue: (The Aftermath)
I’m headed home, a bit sunburnt, a little out of shape on account of the hiking, and a whole lot more in love with Armenia. Did everything go according to plan? Ha. No. Absolutely not. But it was perfect, anyway. And, frankly, it’s all the mess and imperfection that made it mine. Now, about those socks…
Penang Paradise: CEOZ1 Duplex Suite w/Airport Views! (USM, SPICE)
Escape to Paradise: Armenia's Eco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak Awaits! - Your Burning Questions (and My Ramblings) Answered
Okay, so "Escape to Paradise" sounds AMAZING. But like... is it actually? Is it *that* paradise?
Alright, picture this: you've seen the perfectly curated Instagram pics. Sun-drenched smiles. Sparkling pools reflecting snow-capped mountains. It's all a bit... much, isn't it? Well, let me tell you, Lorret Ashtarak actually delivers *some* of that magic. Let's be honest, it's not *quite* the Garden of Eden. The wifi can be a bit spotty, and one morning I definitely found a rogue ant making a beeline for my breakfast pastry. Not ideal. But you know what? Compared to the usual, soul-crushing routine of life? Yeah, it's pretty darn close.
That said, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I mean, paradise is subjective, right? For me, it’s a comfy chair, a good book, and a glass of Armenian wine. Lorret Ashtarak delivers *those* things in spades. The views are seriously breathtaking. Seriously. Especially from the infinity pool. Spent a good four hours there, just staring. Forgot to put on more sunscreen though. Rookie mistake. Now, I'm a delightful shade of lobster. Worth it. Totally worth it.
What about the eco-aspect? Is it really "eco"? Or just, you know, "eco-ish"?
Okay, so the 'eco' thing. I'm a bit cynical, I'll admit it. "Eco-friendly resorts" often seem to be just... well, resorts. But honestly, Lorret Ashtarak *does* try. They've got solar panels, they compost, they use local produce (which is *delicious*, by the way – more on that later). Is it perfect? Probably not. I mean, you've got air conditioning, and people still drive up there. But compared to some of the concrete jungles masquerading as resorts I've seen, it’s a step up. A big step up. They clearly put a lot of thought into being sustainable, and you can *feel* it. You know, that slightly smug feeling of knowing you're not completely destroying the planet while you're on vacation.
One morning, I saw a staff member meticulously collecting rainwater for the gardens. It was actually… kind of beautiful. And I'm a hard sell on the eco-friendly thing, so that says something.
What's the food like? (This is crucial.)
Oh. My. Goodness. The food. Okay, I'm getting worked up just thinking about it. They use local, fresh ingredients. The tomatoes? Heaven. The herbs? A fragrant explosion. The *lavash* bread? Stop it. Just… stop it. I had a grilled trout that was so fresh, so perfectly seasoned… I almost wept. And the breakfasts? Forget about it. Mountains of fresh fruit, local honey, homemade jams. Honestly, I think I gained five pounds in a week. And I have zero regrets.
There was a slight hiccup, though. One night, I ordered something fancy-sounding (I figured, "Go big or go home!"). It was a bit too… intense. I’m not going to name the dish, but let's just say it involved a lot of unfamiliar spices. Let’s also say I ended up ordering extra lavash to soak everything up and save face. But hey, even culinary missteps are part of the adventure, right?
What's there to *do* besides eat amazing food and stare at the mountains?
Okay, alright. So you can't *just* stuff your face, though… you could probably get away with it. There are hiking trails galore. Seriously, bring good shoes. I tried a short one on my first day, and it was… let's call it "challenging." But the views! Incredible. You can also go horseback riding (didn’t try, looked a bit intimidating), visit nearby historical sites (I'm a sucker for a good old church), or, and this is my personal favorite, just… do nothing.
I spent a significant amount of time languishing by the pool. And honestly, it was glorious. Just the sun, the mountains, and a good book. Pure bliss. They also have a spa, which I, of course, frequented. Because self-care. And after that brutal hike? Absolute lifesaver.
Are the rooms nice? Are they *Instagrammable*? (Let's be real.)
Okay, yes. The rooms *are* nice. They are comfortable, stylish, and designed to blend in with the natural surroundings. The decor is modern with touches of Armenian tradition. Think exposed brick, natural wood, and pops of color.
Are they Instagrammable? Absolutely. You could curate a whole feed just from the room itself. The lighting is great, there are those stunning views, and the bathrooms are lovely. BUT, and this is a big but, don't spend your entire vacation *taking photos*. Put the phone down, and actually *experience* it. Trust me, the memories will be better than any filtered selfie. Especially when you’ve got a sunburn.
What's the deal with the service? Is it friendly? Helpful? Or the usual resort shuffle?
The service... Okay, this is where things get a little… uneven. Most of the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They genuinely seem happy you're there. They speak English well, which is a HUGE bonus.
But (and there's always a "but," isn't there?) there were moments. Like the time I asked for extra towels and they took… an hour. Or the one time I tried to order room service and the guy on the phone sounded like he was actively falling asleep. It's not flawless, but the genuine kindness and eagerness to please really shone through. Those little hiccups are easily forgiven when the overall vibe is so warm and welcoming. Plus, the wait staff at the restaurant? Angels, every one of them. They anticipated your needs before you even knew you *had* those needs. I miss them already.
Is it good for... [insert specific travel style, like solo travel, families, couples, etc.]?
Okay, let's run through these:
- Solo Travel: Totally doable. It’s safe, you won’t feel awkward, and there are plenty of opportunities for peace and quiet (which is what I needed). You might feel like you’re missing out on some of the 'couple' activities, but you can choose to ignore those. Plus, it's a great place to meet people if you're inclined.
- Families: Mixed bag, I think.Travel Stay GuidesEco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak Armenia
Eco-Resort Lorret Ashtarak Armenia