
Yogyakarta's Hidden Gem: Bidadari's Best-Kept Secret (Homestay 93718!)
Bidadari's Best-Kept Secret: Is Homestay 93718 Worth the Hype? A Yogyakarta Review in All Its Messy Glory!
Alright, folks, buckle up, because I'm about to spill the tea – and probably some coffee stains – on Yogyakarta's supposed "Hidden Gem," Bidadari's Best-Kept Secret, or Homestay 93718, as it's charmingly (and a little confusingly) known. I went in expecting a fairy tale, and let me tell you, the story I got was definitely more interesting than a Disney movie. (Spoiler alert: there might be a dragon. Just kidding… maybe.)
First Impressions: Getting There & Getting In (Accessibility Nightmare? Thankfully, No!)
Okay, first off, Accessibility. I'm not in a wheelchair myself, thank goodness (whew!), but I always, ALWAYS look for it because, frankly, it's the right thing to do. The good news? Bidadari seems to be making an effort. Elevator? Yep. Facilities for disabled guests? Listed as a feature, which is a good start, but I'd still suggest calling ahead and digging deeper to confirm specifics - I didn't personally inspect every nook and cranny looking for accessibility.
Getting to the place? Now that's another story. Yogyakarta traffic is a beast. Finding the place was like a treasure hunt – thank goodness for Google Maps! (Pro tip: download the offline map beforehand—Wi-Fi isn’t always consistent, despite the "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" boasting.) Speaking of which… Free Wi-Fi? It was… mostly free. Sometimes fast, sometimes glacial. Let's just say, patience is a virtue here. I definitely had to rely on my own hotspot on occasion. The internet [LAN], I imagine, is a relic of a bygone era. Didn't even try it.
The Check-In/Out Experience: Smooth Sailing or a Rocky Road?
Check-in/out [express]. Actually, not that bad! More like check-in/out [pleasant]. The staff were genuinely lovely. Kind of like a grandma offering you warm cookies, except with keycards. (Do grandmas offer keycards? Maybe mine just did, and I don't remember.) I went for the Contactless check-in/out, because, well, germs. And let's be honest, for my own health and safety.
Rooms: Sanctuary or Sanity Test?
Okay, the rooms. Here we get to the heart of it. The Non-smoking rooms were a huge plus. Smokers, you've been warned (and probably know that already). Room decor? Let's just say it was… eclectic. Quirky even. I'm leaning toward quirky. The Blackout curtains were essential. Sunrise in Yogyakarta is brutal. The Bed? Comfortable enough, although not the cloud-like luxury some hotels promise. The extra long bed was a great addition for those as tall as me. Air conditioning was a lifesaver in that humidity, and the Air conditioning in public area also worked well. In-room safe box? Checked. Mini bar? Well-stocked. (Warning: the snacks are tempting, so I was very tempted!) And the Free bottled water? Bless them.
The Imperfections Were Charming…Maybe. (And Definitely Memorable)
The Daily housekeeping was…consistent – they showed up every day. Sometimes a little too consistently (like knocking while I was half-naked. Awkward!). The Bathroom? Functional. Not luxurious. The Shower? Worked. Sometimes the water pressure was a bit weak—small imperfection, but a reminder of how much I value a good shower!
Eating & Drinking: Fueling the Adventure!
Restaurants, restaurants, restaurants! The Asian cuisine in restaurant was generally good. I ate a ridiculous amount of nasi goreng. The Western cuisine was, well…a bit hit and miss. Stick to the local stuff, trust me. I am a complete sucker for Coffee/tea in restaurant and was not disappointed. A la carte in restaurant was available. Breakfast [buffet] – the morning chaos of a buffet is a travel essential. Always a good start to the day!
Other Amenities & Services: The Good, the Bad, and the "Huh?"
- Pool with view?: Yes, gorgeous!! The outdoor swimming pool was the place.
- Spa/sauna: Yes! A big win for relaxation.
- Fitness center: Was there, but I didn’t exactly use it. Let's just say my gym membership hasn't been getting much love lately.
- Facilities for disabled guests: mentioned above, but always worth re-checking.
- Laundry service? Yep. Expensive but convenient, especially after sweating my way through Borobudur.
- Luggage storage? Yup.
- Currency exchange? Handy, although get your IDR before you go if you can.
A Focus On The Good:
I've saved the best bit for last. And I couldn't believe how good it was! The Poolside bar was epic - the view was incredible. I could sit there all night, with a good book, and a cocktail (or three). I might have spent several hours lost in my book, sipping a cocktail, and watching the sunset.
Cleanliness and Safety: Putting My Germophobia at Ease
This is a BIG one, especially these days. Anti-viral cleaning products: Listed as a feature. Daily disinfection in common areas? Yes, seemed to be diligently carried out. Staff trained in safety protocol? Definitely observed. Hand sanitizer plentiful. I felt safe.
For the Kids & Fam (A Bit of a Mixed Bag Here)
Family/child friendly: Definitely. I wasn't traveling with kids, but I saw happy families enjoying the pool. Babysitting service is nice to see, as are the Kids facilities.
The Verdict: Should You Book?
Look, Bidadari isn't perfect. There are quirks. There are imperfections. But that's part of its charm. It's not a sterile, cookie-cutter hotel. It's got personality. It's got heart. It's a good base of operations.
Here's the thing: If you're looking for a beautiful spot in Yogyakarta, then Bidadari's Best-Kept Secret (Homestay 93718!) should be on your list.
Book Now! (But Maybe Pack Your Own Patience)
Promotional offer:
Escape to Paradise: Unveiling Bidadari's Best-Kept Secret!
Tired of generic hotels? Crave authentic Yogyakarta? Book your stay at Bidadari's Best-Kept Secret (Homestay 93718!) within the next week and get a FREE welcome cocktail at our incredible poolside bar, plus a complimentary massage at the spa! (Because, let's be honest, you've earned it.)
But wait, there's more!
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms (subject to local internet whims. Embrace the adventure!).
- Cozy rooms with blackout curtains.
- Delicious local cuisine for you to enjoy!
- On-site pool.
- Close to Yogyakarta's must-see sights.
Don't miss out! Book with the code "HIDDENJEWEL" at checkout and receive a further 10% off your entire stay! (Valid on stays of three nights or more).
Click here to book your escape to the heart of Yogyakarta! ([Insert Booking Link Here])
Kolkata's Hidden Gem: Hotel O Kabardanga's Stunning Transformation!
Okay, deep breaths. Yogyakarta. Capital O 93718 Homestay. Bidadari. Indonesia. Right. This isn't just a trip, it's… well, it's something. Let's see if I can actually wrangle this into a semblance of a plan. Spoiler alert: No promises. My brain works like a magpie with ADHD.
My Yogyakarta Yak-Fest (or, The Itinerary That Might Not Actually Happen)
Day 1: Arrival & Sensory Overload (and Possible Existential Dread)
- Morning (aka: I survive the flight!): Arrive at Adisutjipto International Airport (JOG). Pray to the travel gods my luggage arrives. Seriously, I always overpack and it's a miracle anything arrives with me. Taxi to the Homestay. Capital O 93718… Bidadari… Hope the pictures online weren't a total lie. The Google Maps directions always make me slightly nauseous.
- Afternoon: The Homestay Reveal & Initial Panic: Check in. Unpack (or try to). Assess the situation. Is the air conditioning working? (Vital.) Is the bed actual, REAL bed? Oh god, please let the shower have hot water and decent water pressure. I have a shower ritual, OKAY? If something is wrong will I just find myself crying again? After having some great meal at the homestay it will turn out great.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: A Wandering and Warung Hunt: Okay, breathe. Get some bearings. Walk around the neighborhood which is located in 3 Bidadari Yogyakarta. Find a warung (local eatery). I’m thinking, nasi goreng (fried rice). Something simple. Somewhere quiet. Maybe with wifi so I can actually contact the world. Trying not to look like a complete idiot tourist who's been swallowed whole by a foreign land. This is where my inner voice will say "Just eat! That's the only thing you need to do to survive in this world!". I will totally order way too much food and then feel terribly guilty about not finishing it all. It's a constant battle.
Day 2: Temple Time & Cultural Clashes (or, My Feet are Screaming)
- Morning: The Grand Reveal of Borobudur (and Me Possibly Crushing Under Its Weight): Early start. Because everyone says you have to see Borobudur at sunrise. Apparently, it's spiritual. And beautiful. And crowded. And… well, I hope it’s worth it. It could be a real test of my patience. Will I be moved? Or just annoyed by the selfie sticks? Honestly, it’s a coin flip. The road trip from my homestay. I really hope my driver doesn't play the Indonesian version of "Baby Shark' on endless repeat. My sanity can't handle it. Arrive. Climb. Hopefully, don't faint from the heat.
- Afternoon: Prambanan & a Cultural Understanding That May Or May Not Happen: After Borobudur, Prambanan. Hindu temples. More climbing. More sun. More sweat. (I'm going to need like a gallon of water.) This is where I try to be all cultured and learn about the history. I'll be all, "Oh, this is fascinating," and stare intently. But inside, I'll probably be thinking about what I'm going to eat for dinner. Will I understand the significance? Probably not fully. But I will try. Maybe if I find a good spot to sit and close my eyes, my soul can find something with the whole site.
- Evening: Dinner Disaster (or, The Chicken That Tried to Kill Me?): Okay, so I had to order Ayam Goreng (fried chicken) after a long day of temples. But maybe it wasn't the best decision. I'm pretty sure that chicken decided to declare war on my digestive system. It was an epic battle! I am going to get some obat maag (stomach medicine). Lesson learned: stick to the rice. And maybe a prayer that I survive the night.
Day 3: The Sultan's Palace & Batik Betrayal (or, My Wallet's Crying)
- Morning: The Sultan's Realm (and, Trying Not to Trip Over All the Tourists): Visit the Kraton (Sultan's Palace). This is where I will make all the mistakes. And probably offend someone with my cluelessness. I will try to learn something about the Javanese culture. The details will fade and I will barely remember what I saw.
- Afternoon: The Batik Market & The Great Souvenir Scam (Possibly involving an overpriced scarf): Argue with myself for about an hour before entering every shop. I will go to a batik market. I'll be lured in by beautiful colours and patterns. I will spend more money than I should. I will end up buying something I don't need. It's inevitable. And I will be happy about it.
- Evening: A Relaxing Cooking Class & My Kitchen Catastrophe (or, I burn the rice again!): Find a cooking class. Learn to make some Indonesian dishes. (Hopefully, nothing involving questionable chicken.) I'll probably be the clumsy one. I'll probably make a mess. I'll probably burn something. But… it could be fun. And I'll get to eat the results (good or bad).
Day 4: Merapi Volcano (and The Mountain of My Inner Anxiety)
- Morning: Merapi Tour & The Mountain of Doom: I'm thinking of doing a jeep tour of Mount Merapi. It looks impressive. Risky. Terrifying. I honestly haven't decided if this is a brilliant idea or a terrible one. It depends on how brave I feel. (Spoiler: Probably not very.) I imagine it will involve a lot of dust. A lot of bumpy roads. And a lot of me clutching my stomach. On the other hand, seeing the raw, untamed power of a volcano could be an experience I never forget. Or it could be the experience that finally sends me into therapy.
- Afternoon: Back at it: Once I survive the volcano, I can go back to the homestay.
- Evening: Farewell Dinner (and, The Realization That It's Time to Go Home, and Maybe Never Travel Again?): One last warung meal. Or maybe something fancier. A quiet moment to reflect. On the triumphs. The failures. The chicken. Say goodbye to the friends I've maybe made? And start the agonizing process of packing. Thinking about the flight. The airport. The reality of going back to real life. Maybe I will be okay. It will be a good idea.
Day 5: Departure (and the inevitable post-trip blues)
- Morning: Last-minute souvenir panic. Airport dash. Flight. I hope.
- Afternoon: Arrival back home. I'm going to miss it.
Important Considerations/Disclaimers:
- Budget: Honestly, I have no idea. I hope I budgeted enough.
- Transportation: Mostly taxis, maybe Grab (the local ride-sharing app), and maybe attempting that scooter thing. (Scary.)
- Food: I'm a vegetarian. This matters. I will be asking a lot of questions. Maybe not asking the right questions.
- Language: Basic Indonesian phrases at best. Lots of pointing and smiling. Praying for understanding.
- Health: Bug spray! Sunscreen! (And, you know, hand sanitizer for those warung adventures.) And maybe a shot of something strong for when things inevitably go wrong.
Final Thoughts:
This itinerary is a suggestion, people! A collection of hopes. A whisper of a plan. It is entirely subject to change based on my mood, the weather, the availability of air conditioning, and the general chaos of life. But hey, that's the point, right? Embrace the mess. Expect the unexpected. And let's see what Yogyakarta throws at me. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. And maybe pack a very strong stomach. And perhaps a therapist's phone number. Just in case.
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Saja Hotels Makkah - Your Mecca Getaway
Bidadari's Best-Kept Secret: Homestay 93718! - The Straight-Up Truth (Mostly)
Okay, Seriously, What *IS* the Deal with Homestay 93718? Is it Actually Worth the Hype?
Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because the hype is... well, it's *real*. I'm not going to lie. I almost didn't write this because I don't want *everyone* to know. It's like my own little secret, you know? But fine, I'll share. The first time I heard about 93718, it was from a friend who’d stumbled upon it, bleary-eyed and jet-lagged, after a *nightmare* flight. He’d raved about it for *weeks*. Said it was like stumbling into a dream. Partly true! It *is* dreamy.
The problem? It's *not* perfect. Let's just get that out there. The location? Uber calls can be a little dicey sometimes, depending on your driver's GPS. And the Wi-Fi? Well, let's just say it’s a 'rustic' experience. Meaning, you occasionally have to go outside the room for your Instagram upload to function *at all*. The staff is lovely, but my memory isn't and I've forgotten their names, bless them! Look, the hype's real, but expect a bit of…adventure.
The Rooms: Are They Actually Like the Photos? Or Is This Another Instagram Lie?
Okay, okay, the rooms... You've seen the photos. The airy spaces, the gorgeous wood, the strategically placed greenery, right? They ARE pretty. Honestly, *prettier* in person, I think. There's a certain… *vibe*. It's not a sterile hotel room. It's like stepping into a magazine, and you're allowed to *live* there. But… (and there's always a but, isn't there?), don't expect them to look pristine. Yeah, the photos are touched up a *little* but the charm is real. My room had a teeny tiny ant situation one day (it may have been a tiny crumb I inadvertently dropped). I was ready to go full-on 'Mel Gibson in *Signs'* for about five minutes. Then I just squashed them. Life goes on. They did move me when I complained though, so kudos to the staff for understanding the importance of pristine crumbs.
The *bathroom* though? The open-air shower… *chef's kiss*. Be warned: The early morning chill and the sun, you will be caught unaware. Absolutely wonderful experience overall.
Food, Glorious Food! What's the Breakfast Like?? Spill the Beans! (Or the Rice.)
The breakfast. Ah, the breakfast! Okay, I'm drooling a little just thinking about it. It's *included*, which is already a win. It’s not your sad continental buffet, either. Fresh fruit that’s *actually* ripe and bursting with flavour. The best nasi goreng, and local specialties. This is where the 'real' part comes in. You're *in* Indonesia, remember? And you're in the heart of Yogyakarta. The food? It's… different. And more flavoursome than you could possible dream of.
One morning I ordered the omelette and it took *forever*. I was starving, and cranky. I thought I was going to scream. Finally, it arrived! And it was incredible. So incredibly good that I actually apologized to the chef. See? That’s what happens at 93718. You fall in love with the imperfection.
Location, Location, Location! How Easy is it to Actually *Get* Around?
Okay, so, the location... it's not *central*. You're not stumbling distance from the main tourist strip, which is a *good* thing, honestly. That's partly why it's so peaceful. They provide scooter rentals – I highly recommend it. But be warned, I took a *really* rough spill on my way to the beach. It was a moment of pure comedy, and pain. (I'm fine, I'm tough!) Just… be careful. The traffic is… *an experience*. The staff can help you arrange a driver, and that’s probably the more sensible option. Especially after a few Bintangs. The local buses are a good option and again... provide an experience.
The Overall Vibe: Is It Romantic? Family-Friendly? For Introverts?
The *vibe*… It's…relaxed. It's chill. Romantic, maybe. I saw some honeymooners there, gazing into each other's eyes over breakfast – *ugh* (in a good way!). Family-friendly? Yes, absolutely. They seem to have some rooms that easily accommodate kids. Introvert friendly? Oh, yes. You can easily hide away, read your book, and just… be. They're super respectful of your privacy, unless you specifically want interactions. The whole place just encourages you to… breathe. *That* alone is worth the price of admission.
The only downside is, you might not *want* to leave. I almost missed my flight. And now I'm already trying to figure out how soon I can go back.
Okay, Fine, You've Convinced Me. What's the Worst Thing About 93718? Spill!
Alright, alright, you twisted my arm. Here's the truth. The worst thing? You become *obsessed*. It’s a problem, honestly. You start measuring everything up against 93718. No other hotel will ever feel quite the same. You will spend your nights staring at pictures online, plotting your return. You will start to resent your life back home. You may, like me, develop an unhealthy obsession with researching the best mosquito repellent. It’s a vicious cycle. You’ve been warned.
The Staff: Are They Actually Helpful, Or Just Polite?
The staff... Oh, the staff. They are lovely. Honestly, they're more than polite. They're genuinely *kind*. They're the kind of people who remember your name, even if you're a total space cadet like me. I had a minor medical issue while I was there (nothing serious, just a dodgy tummy from eating *too much* amazing street food, probably). They were *so* helpful, getting me medication and making sure I was okay. It was a genuine, caring vibe. A real family feel. They made it the best worst experience. And, like, they were *actually* helpful. They went way beyond what I expected, and it really made a difference. Honestly, the staff are half the reason the place earns its magic.

