
Escape to Paradise: Toucan Bed & Cafe's Bangkok Oasis Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! We're diving headfirst into the neon-lit, aroma-filled world of Escape to Paradise: Toucan Bed & Cafe, that Bangkok Oasis they're hawking. And lemme tell you, I was skeptical. Another "paradise" in a city that feels like a non-stop, glorious, sweaty dance party? But I'm here to spill the tea (and hopefully, not the actual tea – I’ve got bad aim).
Let's get the gritty stuff out of the way first.
Accessibility: This is where things get a little… well, let's just say "Bangkok-esque." They claim to have "facilities for disabled guests". That's a good start, but without specifics, I'm side-eyeing it. I'd recommend calling ahead and grilling them mercilessly about ramps, elevators, and bathroom setups before booking. Don’t be shy! Your comfort is paramount.
Cleanliness and Safety: (and OH BOY, this is important!)
Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Okay, now we're talking! The sheer volume of safety measures put my germaphobe heart at ease. They’re clearly taking pandemic precautions seriously, and that’s HUGE. I saw the staff disinfecting everything, and there was hand sanitizer everywhere. It felt safe. Not sterile-hospital-safe, but "Hey, we care about our guests" safe.
Room sanitization opt-out available: Nice touch. Those who are extra cautious get even more options.
First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms: All essential and good to see. They didn’t skimp on the basics.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking:
Okay, this is where I was genuinely excited. Because food, darling, is LIFE.
Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast service: The Asian food was the real deal. Forget that mediocre "continental" breakfast that plagues so many hotels. The real star of the show for me was the Asian breakfast. It was an explosion of flavors and textures. I'm talking vibrant curries, fluffy rice, and perfectly spiced morning treats. My tastebuds did a happy dance every morning.
A la carte in restaurant, Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant: So much variety! From the poolside bar (more on that beauty later!) to the coffee shop, they seem to have covered the spectrum. I didn't get to sample everything (I only have one stomach!), but the options were impressive. The vegetarian restaurant was a godsend for my friend who is veggie.
Alternative meal arrangement: Smart move. Catering to dietary needs is a must these days.
Breakfast [buffet]: While not the highlight for me, the buffet looked decent.
Bottle of water, Room service [24-hour]: Perfect. Hydration is key in Bangkok heat, and 24-hour room service? Sold!
Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Alright, for those who can't handle a morning of spice, they have options.
Happy hour: ALWAYS a good idea.
Services and Conveniences:
Air conditioning in public area, Elevator, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Facilities for disabled guests, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Cash withdrawal, Convenience store, Currency exchange: The basics, but essential. Everything ran smoothly.
Contactless check-in/out: Thank you, technology! Makes things oh-so-smooth.
Food delivery: Bangkok has fantastic food delivery. Good to know it's available!
Gift/souvenir shop: Tourist essentials.
Business facilities: Good for those who must work.
Outdoor venue for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Projector/LED display, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Seminars, Xerox/fax in business center: Heavy duty on the business side.
Wi-Fi:
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet, Internet [LAN], Wi-Fi in public areas, The internet was fast and reliable – essential for a digital nomad like me.
For the Kids:
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Good for families!
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking, Bicycle parking: Getting around looks easy.
Available in All Rooms:
Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor: Standard comforts.
In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Basically a luxury hotel. Everything's done well for you here.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax – (The Good Stuff!)
Sigh… let me tell you about the Pool with view. This wasn't just a pool. It was an experience. Picture this: You’re floating in crystal-clear water, the Bangkok heat is just a memory, and you’re staring out at the city skyline, a vibrant collage of temples, skyscrapers, and the chaotic beauty of the streets below. It’s the perfect antidote to the sensory overload of Bangkok. I spent hours there. I may have even let out a genuine, involuntary "ahhhh." It was that good.
Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: More ways to chill out. I didn’t have time for a full spa day, but I peeked in, and it looked divine.
Couple's room, Proposal spot, Room decorations: Good for romance!
Anecdote Alert:
My friend, a notorious worrier, was freaking out about the sanitation. But even she felt safe and comfortable here. That, my friends, is a testament to their commitment.
Quirky Observation:
The staff are incredibly friendly. They’re genuinely happy to help, which is a refreshing change from some of the more… jaded hotel staff I’ve encountered.
The Imperfection (Because I’m Honest):
The location is slightly outside the super-touristy areas. This is a plus (less noise!) but requires a short taxi or tuk-tuk ride to get to the action. Which, tbh, is basically a part of the whole Bangkok experience.
My Verdict (In a nutshell):
Escape to Paradise: Toucan Bed & Cafe? They almost live up to the name. It’s not literally paradise (there’s no perfect place on earth), but it’s a fantastic base for exploring Bangkok, particularly if you want a comfortable, safe, and stylish place to rest and refuel. The cleanliness and amazing pool, coupled with that delicious Asian breakfast, were enough to win me over.
The Bottom Line & Persuasive Offer (for YOU!):
Tired of generic hotels? Yearning for a Bangkok experience that's both exciting and relaxing?
Here’s the deal:
Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Toucan Bed & Cafe and enjoy:
- Peace of mind: with their meticulous safety and cleanliness protocols.
- Blissful relaxation: thanks to the breathtaking pool with those city views.
- Culinary adventures: fuelled by the incredible Asian breakfast.
- Unwavering comfort: with free Wi-Fi, spacious rooms, and attentive staff.
For a limited time, use the code "BANGKOKBLISS" and get 15% off your stay! Don’t miss your chance to find your escape—Book today!
Adelaide's Rex Hotel: Uncover its Hidden Secrets!
My Messy Bangkok Bed & Breakfast Blitz: Toucan Edition (Prepare for Chaos!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated Instagram travel story. This is the raw, unfiltered, sweat-drenched reality of a crazy lady trying to navigate Bangkok, fueled by questionable street food and sheer, unadulterated optimism. My base camp? The Toucan Bed & Cafe – apparently, a haven of chill. We shall see, we shall see…
Day 1: Arrival of the Unknowing (and Jet-Lagged)
6:00 AM (or, like, 9 AM in my brain): Land. Bangkok Airport. OH. MY. GOD. The HEAT. It hits you like a brick of humid air. I sweat before I even see the taxi. Did I pack enough deodorant? God, I hope so. I can already feel the frizz taking over.
7:30 AM (ish): Taxi to Toucan. Traffic? Absolute carnage. Feels like a gentle reminder that I am not in control of anything, ever. The driver keeps yelling at other cars. I can't understand a word, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting the hang of the local lingo: "Hey, you idiot!"
9:00 AM (or thereabouts) – Toucan Bed & Cafe: First Impressions.
- Good: The staff is genuinely lovely. Tiny, friendly, helpful. The lobby smells vaguely of coffee and… incense? A promising start. The decor is supposed to be quirky. I’m still navigating the jet lag but the vibe has promise.
- Bad: My room? Small. Smaller than I imagined. The AC sounds like a dying walrus. The view? A brick wall. Okay, I'm not thrilled but let's keep it moving.
- Observation: I swear I heard a toucan call once. Just a flash of a bird. Could be the jet lag. Probably is.
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Food Quest (and the first Street Food Regret)
- Okay, gotta eat. I'm practically vibrating with hunger and a desperate need for caffeine. They recommended this little cafe right around the corner. The first vendor I see has noodles on offer…oh my heavens. The smell… the colors… the sheer mystery of it all. I point at a particularly red-looking concoction and hope for the best.
- The Big Mistake. Spicy. So, so spicy. My mouth is on fire. My eyes are watering. I can feel the sweat starting to drip down my spine. I can’t taste anything anymore…except fire. Lesson learned: “spicy” in Bangkok is probably a death wish for my inexperienced palate.
- Recovery tactic: Ice water, a frantic search for a convenience store offering something non-spicy. I swear my tongue is permanently scorched.
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Floating Market Fiasco… or, Finding My Zen (Mostly) * Tour time! I decided to be adventurous and booked a floating market tour. I'd seen pictures, and it looked idyllic! Wrong again. * The Boat Ride Horror: The boat was not as it seemed in the pictures. It was small. It was bumpy. And the engine sounded like a dying cat. Then, I saw several other boats. They became a flotilla. They were all tourists. * The Market of Chaos: Bargaining is fun… at first. Then, it becomes this exhausting exercise in futility. I bought a hat, but I'm pretty sure it was a rip-off. I got yelled at for taking a picture of a fruit stand without buying something! * Finding the Zen: I did close my eyes and breathe. I think I was really beginning to understand the chaos and the calm. It was still really hot.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Toucan Cafe Exploration
- Okay, time to retreat to the relative sanity of Toucan.
- Ordered coffee and a mango sticky rice. Finally something familiar.
- Sat in a beanbag chair and tried to decipher my notes. I think I’m already behind schedule.
7:00 PM - Bedtime or collapse:
- Contemplating an early night. The jet lag is kicking in again. And maybe a prayer that my stomach survives the day.
- Also, possibly ordering room service. I saw a pizza on the menu. This may be a sign I'm not cut out for the adventurous life.
- Final thought: Bangkok is…intense. But I'm still breathing. That's a win, right?
Day 2: Temples, Tuktuks, and a Brush with Fate
- 7:00 AM (ish): Actual wake-up. AC still sounding like a sick walrus. But, hey! Awake!
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Temple Runs!
- Decided to tackle the temples. Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn) first.
- Good: The temple is stunning, truly. The intricate details, the shimmering colors… It's breathtaking. The best part (probably) was that I was able to enjoy a nice quiet walk through the temple.
- Bad: HOT. So, so hot. I should have brought more water. Also, I have no idea what I'm looking at. I should have done some research beforehand.
- Anecdote: I accidentally walked past a guy dressed in a monk's robe. Embarrassing moment. I bowed. Now it's a memory.
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Tuk-Tuk Terror (and Triumph)
- Decided on a tuk-tuk ride. Because, Bangkok.
- The Ride: Speed. Smog. The driver kept yelling at other drivers. Again. This is how you die in Bangkok, I'm sure.
- Triumph: Eventually, it became fun. The wind in my hair. The city whizzing by. I felt strangely alive.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Street Food Part 2 (and the Great Recovery)
- Looked up a "safe" street food stall this time. Found some grilled chicken and plain rice. Success!
- Started to feel like a local.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Spa Time (and a Near Catastrophe)
- The Spa of Dreams: Found a spa. Air-conditioning. Bliss. Had the best massage of my life. I dozed off.
- The Great Recovery: Got over the worst of the jet lag.
- 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Toucan Time: Reflection & Regret
- Ordered a Chang beer by the pool. This place is alright.
- Regret: I really wish I'd packed a better hat. And less stuff. Less everything.
- 7:00 PM onwards:
- Pizza. Again. No regrets.
- Planning Day 3. Tomorrow? Probably more temples. Or Maybe something else. I'm open to adventure…as long as it doesn't involve chili peppers.
Day 3 (and Beyond)… to be continued (maybe…)
- I’m already behind schedule. I’ll probably miss something big. I'll be happy if I don't get food poisoning.
- I can't wait to do all the things I planned and then fall into bed.
- I need more sleep.
- Bangkok is…well, it’s something.
- I think I love it here. Mostly. Probably.
P.S. If you see me on a street corner crying over a bowl of noodles, just hand me some tissues and a bottle of water. You'll know I'm alive.
Uncover Granada's Hidden Gem: Sercotel Palacio de los Gamboa Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Toucan Bed & Cafe - Bangkok Oasis Awaits! (Let's Get Real, Okay?)
So, like, is this place actually *paradise*? Because, you know, Bangkok.
Okay, look. Paradise? Big word. Let's just say... it's a really nice escape. Coming from the chaos of Bangkok? Yeah, it's a breath of fresh (relatively clean) air. I showed up, jet-lagged and grumpy, expecting maybe a glorified hostel with a toucan painted on the wall. Nope. It's… well, it's surprisingly lovely. Lush foliage, birds chirping, the whole bit. The pool? Sparkling. Almost made me forget I was dodging motorcycles just hours before. But you're still in Bangkok. There's a slight hum of the city in the distance, the AC can sometimes be a bit… temperamental (more on that later!), and the "paradise" vibe is *definitely* amplified by the 7/11 down the street. So, paradise-lite? Yeah, I'll take it.
The Toucan – is it just a name? Is there, like, a REAL toucan wandering around? Because I'm easily amused.
HAHA! Okay, this is classic. No, girlfriend/boyfriend, there’s not a *literal* toucan named Bartholomew or whatever strutting around the lobby. Though… wouldn't that be AMAZING?! There's definitely toucan *everything* – toucan art, toucan pillows, a toucan-themed mural that, honestly, I stared at for way too long trying to figure out if it was real or just a really talented graffiti artist. It's a theme. A *commitment* to the theme. Think of it as the spirit of the toucan, flapping its imaginary wings over your head. And the staff? They’re practically toucan cheerleaders. Kinda adorable, actually.
What's the deal with the cafe? Coffee good? Breakfast? Important questions.
Okay, this is crucial. The cafe is a *life saver*. After that insane taxi ride from the airport, and the heat? I NEEDED coffee. And thankfully, it's good! Not amazing, mind you. It's not like, artisanal, third-wave coffee that’ll change your life. But it's *good* coffee, strong enough to jolt you awake after a night of, um, Bangkok adventures. Breakfast is… fine. Standard fare: omelets, toast, fruit, cereal. Nothing to write home about, honestly. But the breakfast is so good, it's only okay. But it's *convenient*. And the ambiance? Sitting there, sipping your coffee, looking out at the greenery…it's worth it. Especially compared to trying to find "breakfast" on the street at 7 AM in the insane Bangkok heat. Been there, regretted that.
Rooms! Spill the beans. Are they clean? Comfy beds? Essentials like…good Wi-Fi?
Alright, the rooms. This is where things get... mixed. Clean? Generally, yes. You're not going to discover any horrifying mold situations. The beds? Comfy enough. I actually slept VERY well. The air conditioning, however... that's a story. It's like a moody teenager -- sometimes it worked perfectly, blasting icy air, and other times, it was just... sighing. One night, I woke up sweating like I'd run a marathon in a sauna. Then, the next night, I'm shivering under the covers. Bring layers. (And maybe a backup fan. Just in case.) Wi-Fi? Good. Reliable. Praise be, because I needed to post ALL the pictures of the toucan art on my socials. And I needed my maps!
Location, location, location! Is it easy to get around? Far from the action?
Okay, location is a double-edged sword. It's *relatively* quiet and peaceful, which is AMAZING after you've been battling the crowds all day. But, it's not smack-dab in the middle of all the tourist craziness. You'll need to use Grab (the Thai Uber) or taxis to get around. Walking? Possible, but Bangkok is an adventure in itself, and walking in the heat is a test of human endurance. The Skytrain and MRT are accessible but they're still a little walk away. But the quiet sanctuary of this place is worth the extra transport cost. Plus, navigating the chaos isn't always a *bad* thing, is it? Keeps you on your toes. I mean, it's not like it's *difficult* to find your way around once you get used to the transport system! You'll be fine! Just download the Grab app.
Anything really negative? Be honest.
Alright, the truth? (Deep breath). The bathroom in my room could have used a bit of an upgrade. It was clean-ish, but the fixtures were a bit older, and the water pressure wasn't exactly Niagara Falls. And, and! The little "balcony" in the room wasn't really usable; it was more of a… ledge. And like I mentioned, the AC was a bit of a diva. Oh! And one morning, the hot water was out. So, yeah, minor things. Honestly, though, the pros – the peaceful vibe, the friendly staff, the toucan theme – outweighed the cons. But, you know, temper your expectations. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither was this particular oasis. And hey, no accommodation is perfect. And as a consequence of that, I would take all these supposed "cons" over a noisy hotel any day.
Okay, so you're going back or not? Spill the tea (or the iced Thai tea, if you prefer).
Hmm… That’s tough. It’s a resounding *maybe*. I’d definitely recommend it to someone looking for a chill spot in Bangkok that’s not a massive, impersonal hotel. It depends on *what* you want. Are you a fussy traveller who demands perfection? Probably not. Are you a chill seeker looking for a break from the madness, even if it’s not *perfect*? Then, YES. I would go back. Even with the AC drama, the slightly wonky bathroom and the occasional grumpy street-dog barking in the early morning. It’s got character. It’s got charm. It's got... well, you know... toucans. And sometimes, THAT'S enough. So yeah, I'd consider it. I’d probably even bring a better portable fan this time! You know, just in case.

