
Makassar's BEST Syariah Hotel: OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat Review!
OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat Review: My Makassar Syariah Stay That Surprisingly Wasn't a Disaster (And Even Had Some Soul!)
Okay, so let's be honest. "Syariah hotel" in Makassar? I went in with… expectations. You know the kind. Beige walls, questionable artwork of waterfalls, and the general feeling that fun was strictly haram. But OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat? Well, it actually surprised me. Let's dive in, shall we? And for the record, I'm writing this from bed after finally figuring out how to get the damn Wi-Fi to connect.
Accessibility & Getting There: Smooth Sailing (Except Maybe My Sense of Direction)
Finding Kost Hidayat wasn't a Herculean task. It's… well, it's there. Located in a… let's say "vibrant" part of Makassar. Google Maps got me there eventually. Accessibility-wise, it claims to be friendly. There is an elevator, which is a total lifesaver in a multi-story building. I didn't personally test the wheelchair accessibility, but the lobby and common areas looked pretty navigable. The biggest hurdle? Traffic. Makassar traffic is legendary. Allow extra time for that airport transfer. Whew!
The Room: Basic, But Surprisingly Okay (And That's Saying Something)
My room (I believe it was… room 302? Okay, clearly I'm already losing track) was clean. That's the most important thing, right? It wasn't the Four Seasons, obviously. The decor was… minimalist. Grey walls, functional furniture. But everything worked. The air conditioning blasted (a must in Makassar!), the bed was comfy enough, and the blackout curtains actually worked. (Bless!) It had all the basics: a desk, closet, mini-fridge (stocked with… water, I think), and a TV with a surprising number of channels. There's free Wi-Fi, which is a MUST.
Internet Access: Praise the Tech Gods!
Let’s talk Wi-Fi. Crucial! Free Wi-Fi in EVERY ROOM! Okay, I can practically hear you screaming, "duh." But in SE Asian hotels, this isn't always a guarantee. The internet, once I figured it out (the password was longer than my arm), was pretty solid. Enough to stream a movie, which is essential for my sanity. The LAN port got a workout too!
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe Enough (And That's Worth a Lot)
This is huge right now. COVID is still a thing, people! The hotel seemed to take cleanliness seriously. Hand sanitizer was readily available, and I think I saw staff regularly disinfecting common areas. The room itself… seemed clean. There was a safety deposit box, which I used. There's security around the clock. Definitely made me feel a little more secure.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Mostly Local, Mostly Good (And Yes, There is Breakfast!)
Okay, the food situation. Breakfast was included. Standard Asian breakfast, which means noodles, rice, and maybe some… something, something, mystery meat. It wasn't Michelin-star stuff, but it was edible and filled me up. There's a restaurant with a limited menu, though I didn't venture there much. I did try ordering room service once, and it wasn't half bad! And the bottle of water was a much-needed touch.
Services and Conveniences: Everything You Need (And Some Stuff You Don't)
The staff were friendly and helpful, even with my terrible Bahasa Indonesia. There was a concierge. The daily housekeeping was on point. Dry cleaning and laundry were available. They offered a cash withdrawal option (convenient!). They offered an airport transfer, helpful considering how difficult traffic is. There's an on-site event hosting, but I didn't see anything happening. The downside? It's not exactly a "destination." There's no spa, no pool (well nothing that I saw), no bar. If you're looking for that, go somewhere else.
Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Limited, But Not Zero (Maybe bring a good book?)
This isn't a resort. There's no sauna, no fitness center, no massage. The "relax" options are pretty limited. But hey, there's your room, there's the Wi-Fi, and…well, that's about it. Which is fine, honestly. Sometimes you just want a clean, quiet place to crash after a day of exploring. And the window opens!
For the Kids: Honestly, I Didn't See Any (But…)
I didn't see any kids. I didn't hear any kids. I'm guessing it's not a huge kid-focused hotel. But the staff were friendly, and there were no obvious "no kids allowed" signs.
Overall Experience: A Surprisingly Pleasant (And Affordable) Stay
OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat isn't perfect. But it's a solid, affordable option in Makassar. The location is good, the rooms are clean, and the staff are friendly. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's a comfortable, clean, and safe place to stay. For the price, it's a good deal. I can see myself staying there again.
My Recommendation (and a little bit of marketing):
Stop looking! OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat is a great choice you won't regret! Book OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat for a clean, affordable, and surprisingly pleasant stay in Makassar!
Here's why:
- Cleanliness: Your peace of mind is our top priority.
- Free Wi-Fi: stay connected to all your friends!
- Friendly Staff: They are always there when you need them
- Accessibility: Easy to get there and around.
- Location: Perfectly placed to explore all the best things Makassar has to offer.
Whether you are here for business, or a vacation, OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat is perfect for your needs!
Don't hesitate, book your stay today!
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Azucena Awaits in Magical Huamantla, Mexico
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile itinerary. This is me, battling jet lag, questionable street food, and the sheer, unadulterated joy & chaos of Makassar, Indonesia. Specifically, based around the OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat Syariah – which, for budget travelers like myself, is practically a palace (or at least, a room with a fan that works… sometimes).
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Makassar Orientation (or "Where Did I Park My Brain?")
Morning (or what felt like morning at 3 AM): Landed in Makassar. That humid Indonesian air hit me like a tidal wave. Instantly regretted wearing that fleece jacket. Found a driver (bless his soul, he understood my frantic hand gestures better than my terrible Bahasa Indonesia) to the Kost Hidayat Syariah. The drive was… an experience. Scooters, carts, cars, and the occasional goat, all vying for space in a beautiful but bonkers symphony of horns and smells (some of which were… interesting).
Mid-Morning: Checked into the Kost. Clean, basic, exactly what the doctor ordered (or, you know, what my bank account ordered). The "Syariah" part made me a little nervous. Not that I'm a wild person by any means, but I did pack a questionable t-shirt or two… figured I'd keep the party at zero. The check-in guy was super nice, but I swear he kept eyeing my backpack. I think that smile said "Welcome, now please don't do anything weird." Settled in. Realized I'd packed the wrong adapter. Again. Life of a traveler, folks! I'll find one. Hopefully.
Afternoon: Attempted to find lunch. This is where things got REAL. Wandered around a market. The colors! The smells (again, some were… memorable). I saw some things that looked like delicious deep-fried donuts… but then the flies. Dammit, I am hungry! Eventually, went with a nasi goreng (fried rice) from a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place. It was heavenly. Absolutely incredible. I practically inhaled it. It might have been the best thing I've ever eaten, or it might have been food poisoning, but either way… wow!
Evening: Walked along Losari Beach. Beautiful sunset. The salty air did a great job of clearing my brain fog (or, at least, making me forget about the adapter). Observed families playing, couples holding hands, and kids running screaming into the waves. Decided I was too tired to do anything other than relax. This is what I came for.
Day 2: Fort Rotterdam, Chicken, and Cultural Confusion
Morning: Morning starts! Took a becak (pedicab) to Fort Rotterdam. The becak driver was convinced I was a millionaire (I'm not sure why). Bargained him down to a reasonable price. Fort Rotterdam itself was fascinating! Learned about its history, the Dutch colonization, and their legacy. The fort was so well preserved… it felt like stepping back in time. The architecture was pretty impressive, and I saw something that resembled a dungeon. I shuddered. I'm not sure how I'd take a dungeon!
Mid-day: The place that I really wanted to go was the Coto Makassar (Makassar Soup). The Coto Makassar Soup! I got to it and I was in heaven. So savory, meaty, and flavorful. I wanted more and more! It was the best part of the day!
Afternoon: Okay, so maybe I went a little overboard on the soup. Spent a good part of the afternoon wishing I hadn't. Lesson learned!
Evening: Tried to find a traditional pajokka performance (a type of traditional dance). Apparently, they're super rare, or maybe I'm just terrible at finding things. Ended up watching karaoke instead. The local people had so much personality and made me laugh and smile.
Day 3: Tana Toraja Day Trip (OMG, The Funerals!)
Morning: The only thing that could possibly get me out of the covers as early as I did was the thought of visiting Tana Toraja - home to the Torajan people and their unique funeral rituals. Long drive. The scenery was beautiful, the highway became more and more narrow as we approached the mountains, the air cooler, the mountains more and more majestic.
Mid-day: Arrived! First stop: a tongkonan (traditional Torajan house). Absolutely stunning architecture. Then we were off to a funeral ceremony! Whoa. Intense doesn't even begin to cover it. Hundreds of people, elaborate rituals, animal sacrifices (I tried to look away, but it was unavoidable), and a general atmosphere of reverence and celebration. It was a lot to take in. Thought a lot about life and death and my place in the world. Made me feel… well, a bit small. But, like, in a good way?
Afternoon: Continued to explore. Found some baby trees (trees meant to grow from the same base). That was cute. The burial sites… rock graves, hanging graves… very unique, very eerie. I’d be lying if I didn't admit it was kind of morbid. I'm sure the culture is the most important part, but the scenery really felt like a movie.
Evening: Long ride back to Makassar. Exhausted but also filled with awe. The whole experience was a potent reminder that there's more to this world than meets the eye… and that I really need to learn some more Bahasa Indonesia.
Day 4: Souvenir Shopping, Regrets and the Last Supper (or, the "Almost Got it Right" Edition)
Morning: Okay, time to find some souvenirs! Hit up a local market near the OYO. Dodged touts, haggled, and generally felt like a complete fool. Ended up with some batik fabric, a ridiculously oversized rice hat, and a vague feeling that I overpaid for everything.
Mid-day: The biggest regret was not getting my adapter. Found another good lunch - some kind of fried noodle dish this time. Starting to get familiar with the tastes. The locals are really friendly.
Afternoon: Last attempt at a beach visit. Decided to just chill and enjoy the atmosphere.
Evening: Last night! Decided to splurge on a slightly nicer restaurant. Ordered something I couldn't pronounce. It was… interesting. Not sure if I liked it. Then I was alone again and realized I was leaving tomorrow!
Day 5: Departure (or, "Goodbye, Makassar, You Crazy Place")
Morning: Last breakfast, a farewell nasi goreng. Packed. Tried (unsuccessfully) to explain to the Kost guy that I need an adapter. Got a taxi.
Mid-day: Checked into the airport. Said my goodbyes and then boarded the plane. I definitely need to come back.
Final Thoughts:
Makassar is a trip. It's not polished. It's a bit chaotic. It's sweaty. It's frustrating at times. But it's also incredibly vibrant, friendly, and eye-opening. The Kost Hidayat Syariah did its job (provided shelter), and I met so many people and had so many experiences that I will never forget. I left with a full belly, a slightly lighter wallet, and a whole lot of memories. I'd go back in a heartbeat. (And this time, I'm bringing two adapters).
**Tribe Dusseldorf: Your New German Home Away From Home**
OYO 93778 Kost Hidayat: The Makassar Syariah Hotel - Your Burning Questions (and My Chaotic Answers!)
1. Is it *really* a Syariah Hotel? Like, *actually*?
2. What's the *vibe*? Is it… depressing?
3. The Rooms: Are they… clean? (The most important question, in my opinion!)
4. The Location: Is it… *convenient*?
5. The Wi-Fi: Pray to the internet gods! Is it… *usable*?
6. Breakfast? Is it… *edible*?
7. Value for money? Is it… worth it?
8. Extra Quirky Story: The "Mystery Sounds" of the Night

